Sunshade Recommendations

Reaction score
Looking for a sunshade recommendation for a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4"...

Had purchased one of these:
UltraShade 2 - Adjustable Tablet Shade - Aerial Drone Accessories

nice shade, but it started de-laminating and coming apart after 3 uses. I've tried to glue it back together using superglue and plastic epoxy without success - the 3D printing just breaks apart on another layer. The vendor doesn't have a replacement and has become non-communicative about alternatives.

Looked at the 3DR shade, but this tablet is 219mm long (8.62 x 5.05 x 0.28 inches) and won't fit.

Ideas and/or recommendations ?

Thank you.

If you go to Amazon and search in electronics for "tablet sun shade" or something similar you get 471 hits. One of these might work. Also, check eBay. My biggest complaint about a sun shade is that it makes the controller unbalanced. Also, the screen (on the mini iPod) is still hard to see, although it helps somewhat.

If you go to Amazon and search in electronics for "tablet sun shade" or something similar you get 471 hits. One of these might work. Also, check eBay. My biggest complaint about a sun shade is that it makes the controller unbalanced. Also, the screen (on the mini iPod) is still hard to see, although it helps somewhat.

Robert- thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to benefit from other's purchase experiences.

The Ultra shade did make the controller quite top heavy, but here in Florida some kind of shade is necessary - even with the Tab Pro's bright screen.

i just wraped a piece of cardboard around mt screen and held it in place with duct tape.
works fine.

Looking for a sunshade recommendation for a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4"...

Had purchased one of these:
UltraShade 2 - Adjustable Tablet Shade - Aerial Drone Accessories

nice shade, but it started de-laminating and coming apart after 3 uses. I've tried to glue it back together using superglue and plastic epoxy without success - the 3D printing just breaks apart on another layer. The vendor doesn't have a replacement and has become non-communicative about alternatives.

Looked at the 3DR shade, but this tablet is 219mm long (8.62 x 5.05 x 0.28 inches) and won't fit.

Ideas and/or recommendations ?

Thank you.
Repurpose a cardboard box. If you want to get fancy, glue stick some black construction paper on the inside. Also, get an anti glare screen protector for your tablet. The anti glare protectors are often marketed as privacy screen protectors.

Repurpose a cardboard box. If you want to get fancy, glue stick some black construction paper on the inside. Also, get an anti glare screen protector for your tablet. The anti glare protectors are often marketed as privacy screen protectors.

Thanks for the suggestions Erik.

I use a Hoodman on my iPad Mini. They are great!

Products in Aviator Hoods - www.hoodmanusa.com

They also have a new product called the "Launch Pad"

It's a weighted pad that will give you a clean dust free take-off and landing site that is portable and folds up into a compact package.

Worth checking out.

I've got one on-order for my Galaxy Tab 4. Looked over Hoodman products at the IDE and was very impressed. They've been making hoods for decades in the videography biz..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig