Success! Reading smart battery data

I'm guessing the controller reports 0 volts, 0 amps, and -1%, which I recall is what mine did when I had the SMBUS disconnected. Does it not give you the "Solo battery is too low for flight" message, or flash low battery in those conditions? I would it recognizes the lack of battery data as just that, rather than taking it for zeroes and reporting it as too low. Disabled the battery failsafes? Operationally, just going by a traditional timer based on standard performance, and taking cues from the LiPo alarms if it gets mad?

Also I presume this defeats the pixhawk's ability to scale the motor output to the voltage? Did you change those parameters to disable it or just leave it?
That's correct. Disabled battery FS. Solo does not report any voltage reading and does not report any battery low issues. Flying is old school as far as approximate flight time and listening for the screaming LiPo alarms that are set at 3.3v per cell.

I'm guessing the controller reports 0 volts, 0 amps, and -1%, which I recall is what mine did when I had the SMBUS disconnected. Does it not give you the "Solo battery is too low for flight" message, or flash low battery in those conditions? I would it recognizes the lack of battery data as just that, rather than taking it for zeroes and reporting it as too low. Disabled the battery failsafes? Operationally, just going by a traditional timer based on standard performance, and taking cues from the LiPo alarms if it gets mad?

Also I presume this defeats the pixhawk's ability to scale the motor output to the voltage? Did you change those parameters to disable it or just leave it?

Hey guys any reason why my Solo is giving me 0 volts, 0 amps on my controller / phone read out, even when my batteries are fully charged. This happens on multiple batteries, and this wasn't an issue when I flew it a bunch last week. Any ideas?

Does this happen with all your batteries ? I have it does, grab the solo documentation found here. Remove the GPS cover, remove the battery tray. Inspect the wire connected to the battery SMBUS pin. Follow that wire to the Solo Flight controller main board. If you have an oscilloscope that would help...
If battery charge is good then I would think there is an issue with SMBUS somewhere.

Has anyone been able to change the design battery capacity on the SOLO OEM SmBUS after all this fine work to lets say 9000mAh instead of 5200mAh...there is a fellow who made a Li-Ion 9000mAh pack and if the SmBUS was reprogrammed to 9000mAh the remaining battery capacity would report correctly....

Reactions: anthony_sleck
Has anyone been able to change the design battery capacity on the SOLO OEM SmBUS after all this fine work to lets say 9000mAh instead of 5200mAh...there is a fellow who made a Li-Ion 9000mAh pack and if the SmBUS was reprogrammed to 9000mAh the remaining battery capacity would report correctly....

Some time ago Phillip answered a question on the solo fb group about batteries that lost their capacity. He explained a process of charging/ discharging with specific rest periods that would recalibrate the capacity in the bms. Pretty sure it was also mentioned that the calibration process could bd used with different batteries if my memory hasnt failed me. I would search the solo and solo mod fb groups or just message Phillip

Some time ago Phillip answered a question on the solo fb group about batteries that lost their capacity. He explained a process of charging/ discharging with specific rest periods that would recalibrate the capacity in the bms. Pretty sure it was also mentioned that the calibration process could bd used with different batteries if my memory hasnt failed me. I would search the solo and solo mod fb groups or just message Phillip

Im beyond that im making my own custom batteries using the BMS from original SOLO batteries, ive replaced the oem pack with a gensace 5200 4s pack but im upgrading to a thunder power 4s 8000 mah pack, battery calibration is old news....thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc