Strange noise with Gimbal

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey guys
Have you ever seen this? My brand new 1 week old gimbal. It was totally fine this weekend and I've only fly with one battery.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey guys
Have you ever seen this? My brand new 1 week old gimbal. It was totally fine this weekend and I've only fly with one battery.
I've heard that sound before but not on the Solo gimbal. Definitely sounds like the motor binding on something. Have you opened the cover to investigate?

Yes, check the internal cable connections to the gimbal. Your cable is most likely hanging up on something internally. It's a stiff stock cable and needs to be "just so".

I received a replacement solo, with gimbal installed. It was making the same noise. I removed the gimbal to get serial number for support, and upon putting back together, no more noise. Check the cable and check the gimbal screws. They may be lose. Easy fix.

Reactions: RichWest
I had this same issue with my gimbal. I called 3DR support and they replaced it immediately. I had one of the original gimbals that were in a black box. The replacement one was in a white box. I had also attempted to reinstall the gimbal and reroute the cables but nothing worked. I gave up and called 3DR.

Problem Solved.
I said to Best Buy it was not working and I left the store with a new one. I didn't see your answer sooner because I had a shooting the day after and I needed my Solo to work perfectly.
Anyways, thanks for your advice. I will know what to do next time..

I had this same issue with my gimbal. I called 3DR support and they replaced it immediately. I had one of the original gimbals that were in a black box. The replacement one was in a white box. I had also attempted to reinstall the gimbal and reroute the cables but nothing worked. I gave up and called 3DR.
Is there a difference between the black box & white box gimbal? I have one of each & am using the one that was in the black box. I had to replace the initial gimbal due to breaking the HDMI port on it & I donated that one to @RichWest. He was able to install another HDMI port.

The first gimbal I purchased came in a black box and it didn't work from the start. The gimbal kept tilting to one side and I kept rerouting the wire but I couldn't get it to work. I returned this gimbal to bestbuy and I got another gimbal that was in a black box. This one worked fine for a couple of months until it began making this strange noise. I reported it to 3DR and I returned this gimbal and they sent me another gimbal that was in a white box. This one is currently working flawlessly.

Same issue going on with me. I placed a ticket with 3DR and I am waiting to hear back. My gimbal was also in a black box and I just purchased it on April 24, 2016.

I received a replacement solo, with gimbal installed. It was making the same noise. I removed the gimbal to get serial number for support, and upon putting back together, no more noise. Check the cable and check the gimbal screws. They may be lose. Easy fix.
Could this be an issue if the gimbal is working correctly but just making a noise?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig