Son of FrankenSolo

Reaction score
Website
www.rcgroups.com
A DIY Solo hybrid conversion using a Solo motherboard and a custom alien style frame. Using a STorM32NT based gimbal with Ricoh GR camera and full Solo Smartshots.
Controlled with the Solo controller and Solex on a 10" Asus tablet.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 98
WOW!
Thanks for sharing Mike. Great write-up.
Once airborne, please share pictures of it in flight and a few picture from the camera.
Also wondering what the flight time will be - similar to FrankenSolo?

WOW!
Thanks for sharing Mike. Great write-up.
Once airborne, please share pictures of it in flight and a few picture from the camera.
Also wondering what the flight time will be - similar to FrankenSolo?

I was hoping for 30 minutes but like my waistline over christmas things got heavier as I went along. The gimbal was heavier than the carbon one I started with and the legs are heavier because they turned out to be fiberglass with carbon paint. But I like them so what can I do. IF I am lucky I will get 20 minutes according to eCalc.

Great project ?, I`m also using Ricoh GR on 3DR - thats was my mine concern, to get better areal imageing quality.
Whats your overal flight time with one battery?
Also interested on your shutter speed for 3DR to get steady shot.

Last edited:
UC4H: Son of FrankenSolo Maiden
I got a chance to maiden the Son of FrankenSolo in between rain storms this afternoon. Yes OlliW I removed the gimbal :)

All I can say is WOW. It was so smooth with no tuning at all. Very precise control. No jumping around. Unfortunately I had a "Bad Loggin" problem which looks like an on-going problem with Arducopter. I turned down the logging and the log buffer on the IO heartbeat and BAD logging errors are gone. But I will have to do my basic test again to get logs to check the vibs and battery usage trends. I can't wait to take it up with the gimbal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo