Some Solo gimbal test video

Looks like Norris area?? I'm in Knoxville. We should meet up and fly!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: aggravated...
Looks like Norris area?? I'm in Knoxville. We should meet up and fly!

Hey McNeely, I'm over towards Cherokee lake. I was just over your way yesterday. Definitely need to meet up sometime. I know of two other Solo owners in the area so that makes four of us :)

Cool. Definitely. I know there is a guy with Killboy that has one out on the Dragon.

Thanks Al.

That's 5 of us then McNeely. Knoxville would probably be a good spot for everyone to meet. The two I know are in Athens and Johnson City.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Gorgeous... First instinct was "where?" until I looked at responces....

Just for reference, what are the specs?

Nitpicking critique:
I did notice a little jitter on the way down, which is the hardest. In past I have even used the "up" footage reversed to get around this with lesser craft... Not so good with birds or water though :confused:
ND filters help with this by slowing the GoPro shutter speed, as does higher frame rates... And you can also descend slower, then speed the video.

Again... Please don't take offense.. Trying to be helpful... It is a REALLY great video. Congrats :)

Gorgeous... First instinct was "where?" until I looked at responces....

Just for reference, what are the specs?

Nitpicking critique:
I did notice a little jitter on the way down, which is the hardest. In past I have even used the "up" footage reversed to get around this with lesser craft... Not so good with birds or water though :confused:
ND filters help with this by slowing the GoPro shutter speed, as does higher frame rates... And you can also descend slower, then speed the video.

Again... Please don't take offense.. Trying to be helpful... It is a REALLY great video. Congrats :)
Thanks Earl for the tips. This was just my second Solo gimbal test so I'm still a little wet behind the ears. It's 720 medium but I do not recall the frame rate. Should have been 59. I don't know if it is the camera or Solo that is preventing me from shooting 1080 or higher. The video feed is all scrambled above 720 on my note 4. Another hero 3+ is coming tomorrow and I plan on testing it to narrow it down to the camera or Solo. It's done it since day one so I was thinking that it was the camera.

Again thanks for the tips.

Thanks Earl for the tips. This was just my second Solo gimbal test so I'm still a little wet behind the ears. It's 720 medium but I do not recall the frame rate. Should have been 59. I don't know if it is the camera or Solo that is preventing me from shooting 1080 or higher. The video feed is all scrambled above 720 on my note 4. Another hero 3+ is coming tomorrow and I plan on testing it to narrow it down to the camera or Solo. It's done it since day one so I was thinking that it was the camera.

Again thanks for the tips.
REALLY good for 720....if it ends up the camera, reset it to default. Check PAL/NTSC settings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig