Solo without controller

Eva

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to flight solo without it's controller. I have a network hotspot just like controller's and I can connect imx6 with ssh without controller however I can't connect with DroneKit is there any way to do this? I also want to flight it in indoor so I need to turn off all safety switches like GPS's.

Thank you for help.

you can use tower app with smart device/cell phone or mission planner with laptop.
As for indoor, I think it is a bad idea.

Hello everyone,

I want to flight solo without it's controller. I have a network hotspot just like controller's and I can connect imx6 with ssh without controller however I can't connect with DroneKit is there any way to do this? I also want to flight it in indoor so I need to turn off all safety switches like GPS's.

Thank you for help.

You'll need to do some reading and understanding of the internal python scripts which control Solo. It is possible to interface with them, but is *well* beyond the scope of a forum post.

Thank you all,

At first I tried to connect with mavlink(mavros tx-rx). But I could not. That's why I try UDP. But it requires controller.
Okay another question, why solo need imx6? Pixhawk not enough? Actually I just want to control my drone's motors directly maybe I can do it with ssh connection to solo's imx6. I can calculate everything I need in my scripts. I do not need features like gps, autopilot, safety switches or arm/disarm.

Finally I apologize for my unrelated questions, but there are too many communities and concepts(px4, apm, pixhawk, droncode, ros ,mavros, mavlink ,opensolo etc.) and I am confused about where to ask.

You want to control the motors directly? Or do you want to control the pixhawk directly. The way you're wording your questions and statements is all very contradictory and confusing. It sounds like you may be trying to bite off way more than you can chew.

Anyways, the Solo is certainly capable of flying without it's special controller and without companion computers. It's a pixhawk autopilot, and it will fly the drone just like does thousands of other drones without all the fancy extra stuff. However, the pixhawk (ArduCopter), companion computer, and controller are all configured to work together and. You would need to reconfigure ArduCopter parameters and companion computer linux firmware to eliminate all that, and replace it with whatever you're trying to do.

Reactions: Eva
You want to control the motors directly? Or do you want to control the pixhawk directly. The way you're wording your questions and statements is all very contradictory and confusing. It sounds like you may be trying to bite off way more than you can chew.

Anyways, the Solo is certainly capable of flying without it's special controller and without companion computers. It's a pixhawk autopilot, and it will fly the drone just like does thousands of other drones without all the fancy extra stuff. However, the pixhawk (ArduCopter), companion computer, and controller are all configured to work together and. You would need to reconfigure ArduCopter parameters and companion computer linux firmware to eliminate all that, and replace it with whatever you're trying to do.
Thank you for reply. For my project I must eliminate controller and make drone full autonomous with ROS. I want to control drone with a scripts like:
thrust("Full");
wait("Five seconds")
pitch("%50","left")
wait("Five seconds")
thrust("%50");
wait("Five seconds")
thrust("%25");
landing....

I know it is not easy like this but ,
When I worked with simulations I just need send some command_velocity messages to related ROS topics to control drone but in real when I connect with mavros to SOLO I can't even switch modes or arm. There is no "off-board" mode for example or there is no "FLY:MANUAL" mode in APM but in solo's controller "FLY:MANUAL" is available. I can't understand why.
I think If I learn how controller, solo's computer and pixhawk communicate maybe I can manipulate this communication this is the reason I want to learn architecture of drone(pixhawk) but this is not important question sorry for confusing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela