Solo Troubles

Reaction score
Good morning,

I have been unable to get past "preflight update". I've read and followed all instructions, step by step, and been do so for the last few days. I even replaced the board with same results. It won't allow me to do the firm update!!!
In the meantime, I ordered the Mavic 2 Pro and had it flying in minutes, out of the box. Is it a better product? i don't know, but certainly MUCH easier in uploading updates.

I was flying with the app that came with Solo, thinking that that might be the issue. I downloaded Sidepilot...... same outcome.

My questions are:
1-Where can I send it to have it diagnosed/repaired?
2- Should it be this difficult to get this thing fly....again?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Good morning,

I have been unable to get past "preflight update". I've read and followed all instructions, step by step, and been do so for the last few days. I even replaced the board with same results. It won't allow me to do the firm update!!!
In the meantime, I ordered the Mavic 2 Pro and had it flying in minutes, out of the box. Is it a better product? i don't know, but certainly MUCH easier in uploading updates.

I was flying with the app that came with Solo, thinking that that might be the issue. I downloaded Sidepilot...... same outcome.

My questions are:
1-Where can I send it to have it diagnosed/repaired?
2- Should it be this difficult to get this thing fly....again?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Welcome to our little corner.

First, you are comparing a system which was manufactured this year by a still extant company [Mavic 2] with a system which was manufactured 5 years ago by a defunct company, yet is kept going strong by a group of devoted volunteers and enthusiasts [Solo]. Which do you suppose is going to be an easier bird to update?

Second, which instructions have you been following for updating firmware? A number of [new, mostly] members have had this problem recently, and have found solutions right here on this forum. Kindly do a search and read up. If that doesn't end up solving your problem, then come right back and give us a very thorough description of exactly what you've tried and we'll [usually] get ya fixed right up.

Again, welcome aboard Solo Air. Enjoy the flights.

Reactions: Wetstone
I had the same issue. My phone had a vpn for security. Once I disabled the vpn the pre flight update installed. I have a samsung s7edge , on tmobile. Hope this helps

Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44