Solo surgery

Reaction score
Has anyone opened up their solo yet to get a better look at it's insides? I'm most curious about it's internal antennae and how easy it would be to improve range with external ones.

You don't even need to tamper with the internal antenna to significantly increase range. There's at least one full strip down on the FB user group and probably elsewhere.

There is a link here somewhere from someone that completely disassembled their Solo with pictures of every part. I'll see if I can find it..

Thanks, guys! I don't use Facebook but will search YouTube again for videos.

I understand that a controller antenna upgrade can greatly increase range so my general line of thought was: If you upgrade once side of the wireless, what can you achieve by upgrading both ends?

You can already get 4 miles (posted today) from just an upgrade on the transmitter. Unless you want to go to the moon that should be more than enough.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
The internal WiFi card has u.fl connections. You could run new cables with SMA connectors on the opposite side, you just need to find a decent mount point on either the body or legs to support whatever antenna you use.

I'll probably do that at some point in time after the gimbal is released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso