Solo Support On Flight Time

Be careful in there. There are hundreds of parameters. If you accidentally change one, like your airframe type, and crash...it's not covered under warranty.

Reactions: Maddog
In Mission Planner, connect PC to Solo wifi.
Upper right corner of MP screen select "UDP" from drop down menu.
Click on connect. You should then get a message to enter local port. 14550 should already be in box. Click OK. MP should then connect to Solo and download parameters.
Click on "config/tuning" on top toolbar.
Click "full parameter list" on left side.
Once that list loads, scroll down to BATT_CAPACITY.

Android android device with Solo & controller powered up:
Start Tower
Press "connect" If you can't connect, you need to troubleshoot connection. If you can connect the Solo app, Tower should also. If not, try shutting device off and back on. Try reinstalling app.
Press 3 bars, upper left corner
Press parameters
Parameters may or may not download now. If they stop, press anywhere on white portion of screen
Press on cloud with down arrow in upper right corner.
All parameters should download.
Scroll through list to BATT_CAPACITY.

I also found BATT2_CAPACITY but I don't know what that's for.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, can't connect and I don't know why because I'm connected to 3dr SOLOlink517

In Mission Planner, connect PC to Solo wifi.
Upper right corner of MP screen select "UDP" from drop down menu.
Click on connect. You should then get a message to enter local port. 14550 should already be in box. Click OK. MP should then connect to Solo and download parameters.
Click on "config/tuning" on top toolbar.
Click "full parameter list" on left side.
Once that list loads, scroll down to BATT_CAPACITY.
OK, I get as far as where the 14550 show up and I click OK but then all I get is "Waiting for UDP" and it appears not to be able to connect. I did verify that my PC if connected to 3dr SOLOLINK so I'm not sure what the problem is.

OK, I get as far as where the 14550 show up and I click OK but then all I get is "Waiting for UDP" and it appears not to be able to connect. I did verify that my PC if connected to 3dr SOLOLINK so I'm not sure what the problem is.
You need to temporarily shut off your windows firewall while using this, or (better) add an exception for port 14550 UDP to permanently make it work.

In Windows 7 I told the firewall to allow Mission Planner through. Didn't see how to allow port 14550 but it works anyway.

Well, it looks like I finally got connected through Tower on my tablet. The problem I was having was that I was only seeing options of: USB , TCP , UDP , Bluetooth and I was expecting to see something like WiFi or Sololink or ? I just happened to select UDP after seeing that show up in Mission Planner and wala I'm connected and see all of the parameters. I did finally spot where it said the Battery Capacity was 5200 so that satisfied my curiosity and I back the 'H' out of there before I screwed something up. I could see some pretty dangerous parameters, like landing speed etc.
Now, I still can't connect with Mission Planner though. I just keep getting a "Waiting for UDP" .

I've never used WinSCP and can't really explain what it is. Just thought it might help discover what your connection problem is.
Flight logs

Well, I had bigger problems today. I tried flying again and the Gimbal quit working pus it seemed to take 5 or 10 minutes before the controller would connect to SOLO. Not sure what the problems is now. I just spent $400 on a tablet and my $130 backpack just arrived today. I'm starting to get a little discouraged.

If your solo was powered up you wasted 8 minutes waiting. My process is to make sure wifi is turned off and on and connected to solo before starting the app. I've forgoten a couple of times and my ipad was connected to either my home network (backyard) or some other wifi thats close by. I also check to make sure the app wasn't left running (or if I accidently start it before my wifi is connected) and if it is I force close it and restart. Using this process I haven't experianced any issues. Hope you get it worked out. I bought the bp too and love it.

Had another crazy day today. I tried flying again but everything was a no-go! It was taking forever ( 5 - 10 min) trying to acquire satellites to fly. I relocated it, moved it around, and finally got a ready to fly message. Started it up and immediately noticed the gimbal wasn't working and I actually had no control over the camera. The camera/gimbal just flopped sideways so I set it back down and did the compass re-calibration. Even lost complete control over thee camera, couldn't even manually turn it off! After that I had a green bar show up on the controller saying there was no gimbal connection so I quit and packed up and came back home. There was a storm blowing in anyway and I got out of there just in time.

After dinner I brought it into my office and powered everything up and now it looks like everything is working. Only weird thing showing up now is a message on GoPro saying "FILE REPAIRED". Since it seemed to be working I took it out front in the street, acquired satellites and seemed to fly fine. Camera worked, gimbal rotated ok so I guess I just charge the batteries back up and try again tomorrow. I checked the camera and it was even recording. Couldn't see much in the dark but it was recording.

I don't know what's going on so I initiated a trouble ticket and sent the logs in. With this being a long weekend I don't expect to hear anything back until next week. I'm a little nervous but I think I 'might' try flying it again tomorrow. I'm flying over some pretty remote woods and swamp so I sure would hate to lose it.

Had another crazy day today. I tried flying again but everything was a no-go! It was taking forever ( 5 - 10 min) trying to acquire satellites to fly.

If your in a clear area and its taking 5m to get a gps lock then you should contact 3dr support and send them the logs. Maybe take a picture of the area you were launching from too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela