SOLO software/firmware update in loop with wifi

11B

Reaction score
My SOLO has been flying fine for years. Someone wanted to buy it so I did a factory reset on just the tablet to get all my info off. I installed the SOLO app back on the tablet. Now when I go to do the software update for the app it downloads it wants me to switch to the SOLO wifi, when I do it wants me to download the update again. It's a continuous loop with no end. I've now factor reset the copter and controller but still can't fly because the app can't update. Please help !!

The Solo app is not going to get you far.
Install Sidepilot or Solex and install open solo 4
I finally figured out SOLO has permanently shut down the update service for the SOLO app. I installed Solex and open solo and it's finally flying again. I've never used Solex before, it seems like it's flying in manual mode almost, not as steady as the SOLO app.

I finally figured out SOLO has permanently shut down the update service for the SOLO app. I installed Solex and open solo and it's finally flying again. I've never used Solex before, it seems like it's flying in manual mode almost, not as steady as the SOLO app.
The Solo app is not going to get you far.
Install Sidepilot or Solex and install open solo 4
Hi Mike, I have the same issue with the controller continually trying to find an update. I purchased Solex and installed it on a newer Android tablet. But the controller is still stuck on preflight update- "Required before first flight! Use 3DR Solo App to Update".
You mentioned install Open Solo 4, could you point me in the right direction, I cannot find Open Solo 4 in the Android Playstore?

Have it flying with Solex but a lot of the settings are greyed out. Not advanced option stuff. Things like speed...

Solo 3DR is flying again!!! :)
I followed these instructions precisely.
Thank you!

Hello everyone, I have a problem, please help. I have updated my drone and controller to open solo 4. Everything works as normal, but motors won't start. An inscription appears press and hold the fly button to start the engines. But after I press and hold the button, the drone makes a sound and nothing happens. What to do?

After I did the two firmware updates from within Solex, mine didn't start immediately. I quit the Solex application, turned off the 3DR Solo battery, And shut down the Controller.
Basically, in my case I rebooted everything and it powered up.
Oh, I also did the calibration and compass before rebooting everything, and then it was able to fly.

Hello everyone, I have a problem, please help. I have updated my drone and controller to open solo 4. Everything works as normal, but motors won't start. An inscription appears press and hold the fly button to start the engines. But after I press and hold the button, the drone makes a sound and nothing happens. What to do?
You probably need to calibrate it. It's in the Post Install Instructions

After I did the two firmware updates from within Solex, mine didn't start immediately. I quit the Solex application, turned off the 3DR Solo battery, And shut down the Controller.
Basically, in my case I rebooted everything and it powered up.
Oh, I also did the calibration and compass before rebooting everything, and then it was able to fly.
I did all of that and am flying but I still don't understand why basic options are greyed out, even when I turn Advanced Mode on...

Did you have to replace the pixhawk 2.0 in the solo with a cube to get Open Solo to work for you?

Open Solo 4 does runs happily on the stock cube in the Solo now, no need to upgrade.
Am I correct in saying that the original 3DR solo doesn't come with a stock cube? It comes with a pixhawk 2.0 that isn't a stock cube.

As it was the first release of the cube form factor I just call it a cube, but yes, if you want to be pedantic about labels, it was the Pixhawk 2.0, then we had the Pixhawk 2.1 which was later changed to’Cube’ to differentiate between it and the swarm of Pixhawk copies using numbers to dupe the customers.
‘look Ma, I just upgraded to a Pixhawk 666’

As it was the first release of the cube form factor I just call it a cube, but yes, if you want to be pedantic about labels, it was the Pixhawk 2.0, then we had the Pixhawk 2.1 which was later changed to’Cube’ to differentiate between it and the swarm of Pixhawk copies using numbers to dupe the customers.
‘look Ma, I just upgraded to a Pixhawk 666’
Open Solo 4 requires Arducopter 4 (or at least Arducopter 3.5.0 or later) to safely run per this article: 3DR Solo - ArduCopter Master Upgrade — Copter documentation . Also according to this article, Arducopter 3.5.0+ cannot run safely on the Pixhawk 2.0. How were you able to get Open Solo 4 running without changing/upgrading the Pixhawk in the 3DR Solo?

I updated the firmware of my Solo 3DR drone and controller to Open Solo 4 using the SidePilot app. The drone calibrated perfectly, but when I went to test the drone's movement with someone holding onto the drone, it was extremely sensitive to the controller. I barely moved the joystick to move the drone up, and the prop speed increased dramatically. Any advice?

Open Solo 4 has fixed the ESC communication issues with the std Solo 2.0

Only way to test is to fly it.
If you want to static test just make sure the right props spin up with the appropriate stick input (push pitch and rear motors speed up, etc)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc