Solo problem

Ron

Reaction score
I have a question because ive tried to contact 3dr and im getting no where. I havent flown my solo in about a year. emailed 3dr robotics asking them if I would need to do anything to drone since its been so long since last flight. They told me nothing was needed just check for updates, well solo was up todate all seemed fine. Went to start up and noticed only three motors were on so I shut it down. Started it back up and all motors were spinning gave it up/throttle and it went full speed and flipped, no damaged so little confused shut it down restarted it but this time I put my hand on battery holding drone down gave it up/throttle and again it went full speed but I held it and shut it down. Not sure what to do at this point dont want it to fly away and 3dr seems not to care I guess. Any suggestions paid a lot of $$$$ for this.

Honestly, if one of my solo's went to start up and only 3 motors were running, I wouldn't fly it until I knew for sure why only 3 motors were spinning. Sounds like you got all four motors to run without knowing why only 3 ran before and tried to fly anyway. Bad Ron Bad! Always diagnose!
Having said that, check all your props are on properly (we start with the simplest solutions), also if you're using solex at all, you can run a motor test on each individual motor, that way you can listen to see if any particular motor is sound "off".
It's odd that only 3 motors would spin up the first time and then 4 motors spin up the next time. You may want to check for loose connections. Incorrect prop placement or a faulty motor could very easily cause a bird to flip on take off.
Contacting 3DR won't do much for you, officially they went out of the consumer drone business years back when the 3DR solo was discontinued.

Honestly, if one of my solo's went to start up and only 3 motors were running, I wouldn't fly it until I knew for sure why only 3 motors were spinning. Sounds like you got all four motors to run without knowing why only 3 ran before and tried to fly anyway. Bad Ron Bad! Always diagnose!
Having said that, check all your props are on properly (we start with the simplest solutions), also if you're using solex at all, you can run a motor test on each individual motor, that way you can listen to see if any particular motor is sound "off".
It's odd that only 3 motors would spin up the first time and then 4 motors spin up the next time. You may want to check for loose connections. Incorrect prop placement or a faulty motor could very easily cause a bird to flip on take off.
Contacting 3DR won't do much for you, officially they went out of the consumer drone business years back when the 3DR solo was discontinued.
thank you for the quick response I wouldnt of spent $1500 for this drone if I knew 3dr was not going to help with issues especially when were bragging about how they will replace it no problem if it flies away or has any issues. I really dont know how to mess with these motors and wires but it looks like im going to have to. Sad thing is I really havent even flow it that much. Oh well

Yeah a bit of research goes a long way. I picked up the drone when it was going for $300 and then got 4 more for $68 a piece. Got to love those "going out of business" sales....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc