SOLO Payload and using multiple cameras like Kodak SP 360 & GoPro

Reaction score
Anyone out there knowledgeable on the max payload characteristics of the 3DR Solo. Also CG does it need to be balanced so the CG is pretty much in the center spot of the SOLO's fuselage? I have mounted both a GOPro more forward to avoid the legs better and also mounted a Kodak SP 360. Flew it and it seemed fine just a little sluggish but not much. Any comments appreciated...just want to be sure I'm not severely overloading the airframe. When the gimbal gets released then I'll need to move the SP 360 further back and on an adhesive mount. Pictures are attached...Thanks and please constructive/helpful comments only.

View media item 61View media item 60View media item 59View media item 58View media item 57

You can hook about a pound under Solo as someone has already suggested. It' total take off weight should not be too much over 3 pounds. I velcrowed the new GoPro Session on Solo's belly and it worked great. I mounted it in the center of the bird.

Anyone out there knowledgeable on the max payload characteristics of the 3DR Solo. Also CG does it need to be balanced so the CG is pretty much in the center spot of the SOLO's fuselage? I have mounted both a GOPro more forward to avoid the legs better and also mounted a Kodak SP 360.

What did the SP footage look like? Does it have image stabilization built in? I was thinking about doing similar to this but you have beat me to it :)

What did the SP footage look like? Does it have image stabilization built in? I was thinking about doing similar to this but you have beat me to it :)
I was surprised how good it looked. And it is so easy to do. The Session has turned out to be a pretty cool little device. There are a bunch of places on Solo that you can mount it. It's so light Solo doesn't notice it. Velcro is totally strong enough to hold the camera secure. I believe all GoPro's have a little built in stabilization but i could be mistaken.

I was surprised how good it looked. And it is so easy to do. The Session has turned out to be a pretty cool little device. There are a bunch of places on Solo that you can mount it. It's so light Solo doesn't notice it. Velcro is totally strong enough to hold the camera secure. I believe all GoPro's have a little built in stabilization but i could be mistaken.

No image stabilization on the HERO 3 Black edition. I was wondering if the Kodak had any. Just pulled up the specs and it looks like it does has some.

https://kodakpixpro.com/docs/specsheets/actioncam/sp360/sp360-specsheet-en.pdf

I've been shopping around for a 360 camera and hadn't decided on one yet as there are a bunch that are suppose to release "soon". But like with the Solo gimbal release dates keep getting pushed back.

Have you used the Dome setting for rendering and then viewing the video with VR glasses such as Cardboard or VR Gear?

You can hook about a pound under Solo as someone has already suggested. It' total take off weight should not be too much over 3 pounds. I velcrowed the new GoPro Session on Solo's belly and it worked great. I mounted it in the center of the bird.
You'll get about three minutes of flight time with a pound. I am exaggerating, but with 300 grams 12 minutes, 15 minutes at the most.

You'll get about three minutes of flight time with a pound. I am exaggerating, but with 300 grams 12 minutes, 15 minutes at the most.
Sadly that's true. Fortunately the GoPro Session is super light and produces passable video.

No image stabilization on the HERO 3 Black edition. I was wondering if the Kodak had any. Just pulled up the specs and it looks like it does has some.

https://kodakpixpro.com/docs/specsheets/actioncam/sp360/sp360-specsheet-en.pdf

I've been shopping around for a 360 camera and hadn't decided on one yet as there are a bunch that are suppose to release "soon". But like with the Solo gimbal release dates keep getting pushed back.

Have you used the Dome setting for rendering and then viewing the video with VR glasses such as Cardboard or VR Gear?
No i haven't. you're way ahead of me in that regard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado