Solo Parts (recovered from house fire)

Reaction score
Hello Solo Pilots:

One of our fellow Solo pilots (@just_bruce) suffered a devastating house fire recently. He lost a lot to the fire, but managed to recover some of his fire and smoke damaged Solo inventory. This inventory was destroyed by the smoke and heat.

@just_bruce offered these damaged items free of charge for anyone to pick up from his hometown.

I was in need for some parts for a project that I'm working on and don't live far from @just_bruce. After meeting with @just_bruce, I now have the complete damaged inventory and will distribute parts from this inventory, including shipping to Solo pilots who don't live in our area. Now @just_bruce can stay focused on getting his life back together and still help keep our Solos flying.

These fire/smoke damaged parts are being offered free of charge. Free local pick-up, or I can ship for a packing fee and cost of shipping. I live in a NorthWest suburb of Chicago.

There will be no refunds or exchanges as you are not paying for the parts - only the packing and shipping. Reminder: these parts were in a house fire and received fire and smoke damage. I will do my best to evaluate and share condition of each part prior to shipping, but there is absolutely no guaranty or warranty.

As @just_bruce stated in his original post: "Acceptance and/or use of any/all of these items is At Your Own Risk. Every item was exposed to a house fire"

Please Private Message me by using the "Start conversation" option to request availability and exact condition of any parts that you may need.

April 22 update:
All parts have been distributed - no more parts are available

Last edited:
Hi, I am interested in a set of OEM props, A set of Master Air Screw Props, and a fixed GoPro mount as I just found my 3DR at a yard sale with a couple chipped props (it flies okay), and the gimbal which isn't compatible with my Hero 7 Black and while I may modify it, I want an easier solution for the time being. I'm new to this platform but have been flying a Yuneec Typhoon H for years. I like the Solo so far especially the controller. I'd be fine with whatever shipping method you go with, I am guessing the parts I could use could be light enough for 1st Class but please let me know if this is possible.
Thanks, Charlie

Hello Solo Pilots:

One of our fellow Solo pilots (@just_bruce) suffered a devastating house fire recently. He lost a lot to the fire, but managed to recover some of his fire and smoke damaged Solo inventory. This inventory was destroyed by the smoke and heat.

@just_bruce offered these damaged items free of charge for anyone to pick up from his hometown.

I was in need for some parts for a project that I'm working on and don't live far from @just_bruce. After meeting with @just_bruce, I now have the complete damaged inventory and will distribute parts from this inventory, including shipping to Solo pilots who don't live in our area. Now @just_bruce can stay focused on getting his life back together and still help keep our Solos flying.

These fire/smoke damaged parts are being offered free of charge. Free local pick-up, or I can ship for a packing fee and cost of shipping. I live in a NorthWest suburb of Chicago.

There will be no refunds or exchanges as you are not paying for the parts - only the packing and shipping. Reminder: these parts were in a house fire and received fire and smoke damage. I will do my best to evaluate and share condition of each part prior to shipping, but there is absolutely no guaranty or warranty.

As @just_bruce stated in his original post: "Acceptance and/or use of any/all of these items is At Your Own Risk. Every item was exposed to a house fire"

Please Private Message me by using the "Start conversation" option to request availability and exact condition of any parts that you may need.

Remaining inventory as of 8:30pm CDT 4/12/20:
• (4) Sets of OEM props - 1 silver and 1 black per set
• (2) Batteries
• Gimbals for parts - none of these could possibly work as-is - all need work - only ask about these if you have microsoldering tools and skills
• (1) Static GoPro mount
• (2) Wired controllers from a 3DR in-store display. One is disassembled.
• (1) box of Polar Pro prop guards
not sure if i was posting or not so this may pop up twice. SORRY. are any gps chips available? and or the wired controller??=)

I would like to get 2 gimbals if there still available ,
I have one with 2 bad motors.
let me know how much shipping to 90680
thank
Mike

I've been keeping the inventory list updated in the original post, but posting here to be the newest post in this thread.

Most parts have been paid for and shipped. This is all that is left:
• Gimbal parts - no working gimbals, only parts
• (1) Static GoPro mount

Please do not post requests for parts in this thread.

Request parts by private messaging me by using the "Start conversation" option after clicking my member name.

I'm so sad with @just_bruce, he helps the community so much.

I PM @jimloss for some part if available but I'm in France.

Antoine
Eh....S*** happens sometimes. Ya get back up, ya dust yourself off, [ya flip the world a bird for a minute] and see how best you can move on.

Merci des pensees, Antoine.

Hello Solo Pilots:

Remaining inventory as of 9:30am CDT 4/14/20:
• Gimbals for parts - no working gimbals, only parts
• (1) Static GoPro mount
I be interested in the prop guards and batteries if u have any, ship to 36301.... drop a line..... ronledezma @ gmail.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo