Solo on Sale - time to buy a spare

A smoking hot deal. You have to call them to purchase it now. They disable the link a little while ago. Jake at UAV Direct was very helpful.
After many hours of flying inexpensive "trainers" to improve my flying skills I finally upgraded to a Solo today.
Hmmmm.,.. the add to cart link is still working fine for me.

I just ordered. If you want more than 1 extra battery you need to phone in your order. If you change the extra battery quantity to 2 on the online shopping cart it puts 2 extra batteries AND 2 SOLOs in your cart.

I just ordered. If you want more than 1 extra battery you need to phone in your order. If you change the extra battery quantity to 2 on the online shopping cart it puts 2 extra batteries AND 2 SOLOs in your cart.

That's strange. I ordered this morning online and was able to get 2 batteries with just the 1 drone.

Hmm. Why no sale prices on the phantoms?
DJI does not allow their retailers to discount prices. That is why you never see a discounted price on a Phantom until DJI themselves allow the discount across the board. Just like Apple.

DJI does not allow their retailers to discount prices. That is why you never see a discounted price on a Phantom until DJI themselves allow the discount across the board. Just like Apple.
But if they are truly dropping DJI, then they are free to discount as they see fit. Retail agreement violations generally means that they can drop you as a dealer for breach of contract.

If they are changing their focus to just the pro market they will probably still sell the Inspire. Especially the X5 and X5R. So they would still have a contractual agreement on the DJI prices.

That would make sense IF DJI products where on sale as well... However only solo and related accessories are on sale. Either DJI is pressuring them to drop solo or they have decided they had enough of 3DR's delays because they are losing ~$150 on each solo sold.
I think you may be right on the pressure from dji'. I spoke with a customer service rep yesterday and she told me they were only dropping the solo. She would not give any details. My guess is uavdirect will change there tune when the solo catches on more. I also e-mailed last night about it and I will post their reply as soon as I get it.

But if they are truly dropping DJI, then they are free to discount as they see fit. Retail agreement violations generally means that they can drop you as a dealer for breach of contract.
I believe they plan to continue with the Inspire, it is just the Phantom line they are dropping.

Reactions: Burkeam
I ordered one late afternoon Friday, total was $717.65 with shipping. Should see it next Friday.

Thanks to Burkeam for the steer.

I didn't think I needed a third Solo but the price was worth it.

Three Solo's, six batteries puts me fully mission capable.
I'll able to squze
I believe they plan to continue with the Inspire, it is just the Phantom line they are dropping.
They told me they are shifting the business focus away from consumer drone market. It's probably a good move as they provide services that add cost and now they compete with big box stores. The big box relies on the OEM support which is more profitable for them. It's a simple business decision to concentrate on the higher value UAVs. We get to take advantage of it. It's all good in my mind as it will only short term impact the resale price of the Solo due to the limit supply to be discounted.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Thanks Burkeam. Grabbed two more batteries at $118 each. Only $15 to ship both to California and no tax!

Reactions: Burkeam
no chargers. Batteries, props and Solo. no other accessories. They killed the solo pages on their search and menus -I think
Here's the links pasted from my browser history.- they still work. Enjoy. great deals.

Batteries - 24 batteries $118.71 each
3DR Solo Replacement Battery
Props - 34 sets in stock $8.79 set
3DR Solo Quadcopter Props

SOLO out of stock
3DR Solo Quadcopter

Reactions: PureMX
i click add to cart the results = An item previously in your cart is no longer available.. grrrrrrr....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado