Solo not connecting to app

Reaction score
Hi
So I bought a second hand solo from eBay which arrived today. I've charged the battery and tried to get it all connected up but with no luck. In the solo app the controller shows green but says waiting for vehicle. I've contacted the seller but he won't accept a return I'm waiting on eBay to reply. In the meantime I'm just wondering if this is an easy fix. Should I do a factory reset or will this not resolve the issue. Should I open the solo and look for a loose connection or something. All help will be greatfully appreciated hopefully I can get it fixed and in the air sooner rather than later.
Cheers
Andrew

No the controller is waiting to do an update. I've just been looking around internet and people have been talking about light under the solo mine has a solid on orange light and also inside the controller mine i can see a red light on solid and an orange light that flashes twice then pause then flash twice repeating not sure if that helps.

Not sure about the lights. Do you have the proper password? On your mobile device are you able to connect to the systems WiFi? Have you read the manual PDF?

David is just trying to help the OP. More than you are doing with your post.
Andreww, are you able to connect your phone/tablet to the controller WiFi? The reason is if the unit is preowned it is likely the password was changed. You might need to reset everything back to factory settings. Search in this forum for "factory reset" and follow the steps.

Reactions: tbacon
If the controller wants to do an update without being connected to an app the first thing that would come to my mind is it has not been flown. But you don't need to have an app running to fly.

Last edited:
Hi
Yes the unit is pre owned. I have connected to the sololink wifi using the factory set wifi password. I think the reason the controller wants to upgrade is because it was connected to the solo app. I think the only way forward is a factory reset. I really want to get this working now as been out tonight to a firework display at a local beach and there were at least 4 drones up filming it and want to do this myself now.

Ok so I'm stuck I've spent hours trying to sort this looks like I've got a dud drone. The orange light under the solo by the pair switch is solid orange constantly which apparently indicates a potential fault with the flight controller. I've tried to email 3dr waiting for a response back now fingers crossed hey
Thanks to David and Andrew.baker I appreciate your help with this.

Still waiting on reply from 3dr but looks like I won't be up in the flying any time soon I'm gutted.

Re-seating the MicroSD inside SOLO might fix your issue. If you're capable and inclined towards that kind of thing.

Reactions: june03dr
Yeah I do electronics repair in work so don't mind doing that. But will that make much difference worth a shot I suppose nothing to loose

Had the same problem and came to find out it was not a SOLO issue but a tablet issue the update will not download to an older tablet. Used an iPhone and an iPad and I was able to fly. This week replaced my old android tablet and all the problems were resolved.

Ok just_bruce I owe you a pint my friend. So after about 2 hrs give or take I now have a working solo. So I stripped the solo very carefully found the wifi sd card removed it blew it all out with some air cleaned the sd card, reset the sd card put the solo back together and nervously put the battery back in turned it on and as if by magic it works. I've repaired the solo and controller updated the firmware and spun the motors up in manual mode. It's too wet out side to go and test the gps and it's 1.45am so im off to bed extremely happy. A massive thank you to all who helped.

Quick update finally managed to get out with my solo on the weekend and wow what an awesome piece of kit. On a down side still no reply from 3dr support not very impressed.

So I finally had a reply from 3dr last night at 18.06 uk time. Basically asked a few questions and then said what I had done would have been the only way to resolve the issue. Waiting on a reply as to what could have caused the issue and how removing the solo sd card would reset it then I can post back here for reference.

Ok another update. Apparently the fault was due to a computer fault I imagine by that they are referring to the pixhawk and the only way to reset is to remove the sd card from the solo wifi card. Im scared and I think every solo owner should be I mean imagine this happened during flight who knows what could happen I would hope the rth would kick In but who Knows.

Ok another update. Apparently the fault was due to a computer fault I imagine by that they are referring to the pixhawk and the only way to reset is to remove the sd card from the solo wifi card. Im scared and I think every solo owner should be I mean imagine this happened during flight who knows what could happen I would hope the rth would kick In but who Knows.

The good news is that the SDCard you reseated is in the companion computer. And I just so happened to have this happen during flight. The pixhawk indeed takes over and returns the bird to home. However, once I removed the glue and reseated, I've flown over 65 flights and never seen the issue recur. I'm beginning to think the glue they used is part of the problem.

And I like Ciders. :D

That's good to know bruce. You may be on to something with the glue thing. I wouldn't mind betting it expands and contracts with differences in temperature this could then cause the sd card to become unseated and lose connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M