Solo mod wish

Reaction score
This is my first post so I thought I would mix in some gripe and wishfull thinking in one post :)

First my thoughts on the bird:
Solo is Awesome the way it is, the bird is fast, agile, and looks f'in cool. Though the only gripe I have with it is it's range. While a half a mile is more then enough, not being able to go over 1000' in higher WiFi areas kind of sucks, being as the phantom I returned to get this could go out almost a mile in the same area. Though just for the record I love this thing.

Now if someone could figure out how to put an 4G modem and make it work with the onboard software (or if someone makes a made for solo device that does this) range problems would be a thing of the past. The 4G would act as an optional failover and once the drone is back on range reconnect through WiFi. I

Anyone believe this could even be possible with the solo? Would latency screw with it?

I can hit 2000 feet with mine easy, with no mods
beyond that I can no longer see it, and legally I am breaking the rules at that point
so no, not needed for me

I can hit 2000 feet with mine easy, with no mods
beyond that I can no longer see it, and legally I am breaking the rules at that point
so no, not needed for me
Yes I can as well with directional antennas. Though sometimes I get out about 800' and the signal cuts out. I was thinking this would be more of a failsafe in heavy WiFi traffic areas, rather then a extreme range booster.

Welcome, Justin. Make sure your stock antennas are in the correct positioning as per the owners manual. I have gone over 2500 ft. with the stock antennas, and over a mile with the FPVLR antennas. Those were just test distances, and I don't fly out of sight now. The FPVLR works very well in high WiFi areas, and I use it all of the time.

I've never gotten more than 1000-1200 ft with stock in heavy wifi areas. (Which is all of Phoenix & surrounding area).
Max out about 4000 ft with FPVLR's which is plenty for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks