solo log review?

Reaction score
my solo lost gps a couple days ago and i downloaded the logs but can't seem to find what went wrong
can anyone help me analyze the dataflash log? thanks in advance

4292018Solo-bin.txt

I would but I need a true .bin log. I'm clueless how to use a .txt with Mission Planner. Feel a bit stupid but maybe someone will guide me how to convert.

I would but I need a true .bin log. I'm clueless how to use a .txt with Mission Planner. Feel a bit stupid but maybe someone will guide me how to convert.

once you download it you can change the file from a .txt to a .bin . You can run the file like that
if that doesn't work i can try uploading it as a .bin file

I changed it and MP gets locked up on scanning file. Can you put it on onedrive or google drive as the original .bin and put a link on the forum? I'm interested.

Your GPS and HDOP is fairly consistent for the whole flight. 8 or 9 Sats and an HDOP of +1 down to as low .9. This is a stock Solo so that is expected. You have an IMU mismatch so you may want to recalibrate it. The really strange thing is when you put the Solo in Auto and it was supposed to go directly North or South your Yaw ( according to the log) went crazy. I don't think this is a GPS issue. I'll look deeper at a later time.

Reactions: swaggy
Your GPS and HDOP is fairly consistent for the whole flight. 8 or 9 Sats and an HDOP of +1 down to as low .9. This is a stock Solo so that is expected. You have an IMU mismatch so you may want to recalibrate it. The really strange thing is when you put the Solo in Auto and it was supposed to go directly North or South your Yaw ( according to the log) went crazy. I don't think this is a GPS issue. I'll look deeper at a later time.

thanks david
the controller flashed the typical "lost gps" message, so its definitely strange to hear about the IMUs
although i will point out, a couple of weeks earlier the Solo had a RMA for a bad sensor after the controller was stuck on "magnetic interference"

After looking at the log again your Yaw is O.K. I think. The log showed it going from 0 to 360 degrees very rapidly but this would show up this way if the Solo was asked to fly directly North. You did drop to 7 Sats and the HDOP rise a bit when your "event" happened. You may want to consider an aftermarket GPS. You will get 15+ Sats and HDOP's of .7 on a regular basis.

Reactions: swaggy
After looking at the log again your Yaw is O.K. I think. The log showed it going from 0 to 360 degrees very rapidly but this would show up this way if the Solo was asked to fly directly North. You did drop to 7 Sats and the HDOP rise a bit when your "event" happened. You may want to consider an aftermarket GPS. You will get 15+ Sats and HDOP's of .7 on a regular basis.
thanks-as my funds are on the empty side, i don't think an aftermarket gps is an option for me. would the v2 shield do the trick? they are $10 on ebay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44