SOLO gimbal with Foxtech MAP camera

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone here tried to use the original solo gimbal with the MAP2 camera from foxtech? The weight is near the gopro7. Do you know if the gimbal can handle it?

Thank you.

Creative...

I haven't tried it, but generally speaking, as long as a gimbal is balanced, it will generally do just fine.

When I added an optional lens to my GoPro (Peau), I had to add a bit of weight to both axis to get a perfect balance...that said, a small amount of imbalance, while not optimal, is usually OK as well, though should be avoided if possible.

It makes sense. The MAP2 camera seems to be a Sony A6000 striped down to weight 117g. If the SOLO gimbal could handle it the combo SOLO + MAP2 camera will be very attractive to mappers.

Hello,

Has anyone here tried to use the original solo gimbal with the MAP2 camera from foxtech? The weight is near the gopro7. Do you know if the gimbal can handle it?

Thank you.
I also think you could get it to work with some balancing and removing the GP Hero port.

Question for you- how is the Foxtech camera? Haven't seen any reviews.

Question for you- how is the Foxtech camera? Haven't seen any reviews.

I don´t have one... yet. I´m in research for a light map camera with APS-C sensor. The Ricoh GR2 is a good option but not for the SOLO gimbal.

This foxtech MAP2 is a little expensive option but it is ready to be shot by the pixhawk FC (without external circuits) and if it could be used with the SOLO gimbal it will be very interesting.

The fact that there are almost no reviews or users reporting experiences for this camera is a bit strange... It has more than a year in the market.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986