Solo Gimbal problem after crash

Reaction score
Hello to all.
After a crash the drone behaves like video.
The axes seem to be reversed. Is it possible to reprogram or recalibrate the gimbal?
Like with Alexmos? or alternatively what can I try?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks a lot.

Interesting video, I can't recall seeing similar. It looks how I feel in the mornings...;)

My advice is to remove the gimbal and inspect for any damage or dislodge components. Just a normal inspection after any crash... Any axis in a bind, motor or arm, could display like shown.

Understand the gimbal is in low-torque mode when it is simply on, high-torque when Solo is armed. Just making the point. As well if you flip Solo motors down the gimbal will enter "turtle" mode, basically cutting power to the gimbal motors.

You could try a level calibration. This procedure may help to correct.

I'm not aware of any access to the gimbal software. Others have mentioned using Mission Planner correcting odd gimbal behavior, but I have no first hand knowledge if it is a legit solution. Search the forum for further advice on using MP to correct.

The camera len's looks busted. Quite an impact or just an un-lucky tap? Sorry you had a crash, we've all been there once or twice...

Hi, it was a crash. The calibration you're talking about is the one to adjust the lever of the picth of the remote control?

The 3dr technician replied that there is no way to get into the gimbal, but I'd bet it's an alexmos.

that there is some board to be welded as for the drone? I saw that they add the usb.

The turtle mode, how do I recognize it? In fact it doesn't seem to have any particular strength.

Excuse the barrage of questions, but I didn't know the solo gimbal.

The calibration you're talking about is the one to adjust the lever of the picth of the remote control?
That would be a "stick calibration", which has no affect to the gimbal. A "Level Calibration" is for Solo itself and does affect the gimbal, again search the forum for guidance as related to the "gimbal".

The USB mentioned elsewhere, is to access directly the PixHawk FC. This does not give you access to the gimbal.

The turtle mode, how do I recognize it? In fact it doesn't seem to have any particular strength.
Just like a turtle, no strength...

Again I'd remove the gimbal and inspect. I'm fairly certain the issue you have is mechanical in nature...bent arm(s).

Reactions: Dash Hewes
After chechink for bent arms, I would check also for the roll motor tempereature. Even if it is just a little bit warmer than the others, it may be the culprit, if the axis are free to rotate otherwise. I had an eBay bought one with the same behaviour... interestingly on the same axis ?... Turned out it has some windings in short, verified on an inductance meter (ohmeter may help, but very difficult to measeure the low resistance winding differences). In short, the motor phase can't deliver the required torque and can act like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc