Solo gimbal goes limp only when panning beneath the solo

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Having an issue with the gimbal going limp during flight. It appears to only occur when I pan / rotate the gimbal to view directly beneath and then the image drops or goes limp?
Also, I can only obtain a live feed from the GoPro when I engage the smart shots I.e selfie during flight, this also contains pixelated images for a second or 2?

Any pointers on how to resolve these issues?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I have repeated any previous posts

Hi guys,
Having an issue with the gimbal going limp during flight. It appears to only occur when I pan / rotate the gimbal to view directly beneath and then the image drops or goes limp?
Also, I can only obtain a live feed from the GoPro when I engage the smart shots I.e selfie during flight, this also contains pixelated images for a second or 2?

Any pointers on how to resolve these issues?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I have repeated any previous posts
Definitely call 3DR about the gimbal. Be ready with your solo, controller and tablet so you can send them logs. They will likely walk you through a reset and re-updating your firmware.

When I start recording, my screen goes all blocky and wonky for a second or two. Of course the video file on the GoPro is clean when i import it, but yes the live feed gets corrupted. You probably have your settings to automatically start recording smart shots. So what you see is just the camera recording function kicking in.

What's strange is that you don't get video the rest of the time. For that, all you can do is make sure your GoPro firmware is fully up to date. If possible, borrow another GoPro to test with. Just to see if you get the same results.

Definitely call 3DR about the gimbal. Be ready with your solo, controller and tablet so you can send them logs. They will likely walk you through a reset and re-updating your firmware.

When I start recording, my screen goes all blocky and wonky for a second or two. Of course the video file on the GoPro is clean when i import it, but yes the live feed gets corrupted. You probably have your settings to automatically start recording smart shots. So what you see is just the camera recording function kicking in.

What's strange is that you don't get video the rest of the time. For that, all you can do is make sure your GoPro firmware is fully up to date. If possible, borrow another GoPro to test with. Just to see if you get the same results.
Thanks erikgraham,

I have logged the ticket and will wait to see what they come up with, it is very weird how it looses its balance only when I pan down.

I also noticed today that the video feed only kicks in some some of the time...

Any how, I will wait to see. Thanks again.

Just an update for those who are interested or experiencing something similar. I Have been corresponding with 3dr since this post: finally I found some time to send the flight logs, along with a video showing the issue. 24 hours later, 3dr have made an assessment and notified me that the gimbal issue requires it to be returned and replaced. Without even querying the returns policy, 3dr customer service are providing a shipping label too! A perfect example of professional customer service at its best!

Thanks 3dr.

J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44