Solo Firmware no longer updating??

Reaction score
Hello guys.....I have 2 Brand New Solos that have never been set up. I read that you can no longer update your Firmware on the Solo thanks to 3dr Robotics.The original solo app will install I was reading, but it won't let you download the 2.4.2 firmware update anymore so basically if you have to factory reset your Solo or you've got a brand new one in a box like I do and it's never been set up before it's become a paperweight. Any of you guys heard about this???? If so can you explain?

I just did it yesterday on the android app. Make sure you have an older android device that has not updated so that you can run the app. It takes a while, I thought it was going to fail, but it didn't.

Do you need the cube for the newer apps? I have a version B and two mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N.

Thanks!
I think I will wait a bit. I’m hearing about compass calibration issues with OS 4.

Last edited:
Thanks!
I think I will wait a bit. I’m hearing about compass calibration issues with OS 4.
That is correct sir. Today I went thru all the frustration doing the calibration. I guess I can consider that done but now the throttle stick not responding after arming the motors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig