Solo drone finds missing dog. Almost

Reaction score
So misleading title. It probably might have happened given the chance.

Was walking my dog, ran into an older couple looking for their dog. A cyclist had knocked the man down who then let go of his dog lead. Dog ran off with retractable lead trailing. High chance of getting it wrapped around a tree far from hearing.

Guy was bleeding from knees elbows and elsewhere having been knocked down. Cyclist apparantly not so helpful.

(And not to start a dog-cyclist war here, I always keep an eye out and pull my dog close or sprint away from path of cyclists are coming). Most ding a bell in advance, I pull my dog in). Shame he's such an off lead nomad.

Walked my dog looking for his (dog bait is best dog bait). Upon return they hadn't found him, sun setting.

Offered and got my drone from my house, in backpack ready to go. Got down to where they were. Lot of land hard to traverse on foot, tall grass and fences winding around a river. Offered to look for dog. As I was unpacking drone, someone else raced up and said he had been found at a house near a busy street and was injured :( I didn't get the full story, and wasn't able to help further.

Point is, it might be rare but if only occasionally drones are used for public good, and word creeps out. There may be less automated Tokyo drones with nets over suburbia instead of where they are needed near airports Etc...

Always keep an eye out for if you can help...

It was great that you offered, even though it wasn't needed. Like you said, if we can help in any way to put a positive spin on our hobby, then the word could be spread that there are a lot of responsible pilots out there. Good job......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso