Solo Drone and Gopro 3+ Black Help

Reaction score
Hey guy's, i have a small situation here and was wondering if i can get some help, Since i bought my solo drone i been having problems getting a live view from the Gopro App, here is a break down on whats happening....i hooked up my Gopro 3+ Black to the HDMI Cable from the Solo Drone, turned everything on and went on my HTC One sprint phone and launched the App, i added a picture to this Threat, all i am getting is a black screen, i though it could be my Gopro, so i tried another brand new Gopro and i still had the same issue, We know it's not the Solo Drone because i sent the Solo Drone back to 3DR and they checked it and my Solo Drone was fine, any kelp would be awesome, my problem that i am having is i Can't get a live view from my GoPro while it's on the Solo Drone and i don't plan on spending $30 on a cable that plugs in the GoPro to the TV, Just to test it, have any of you guy's ever had this problem before again, any help would be awesome

Attachments

• unnamed222.png
    unnamed222.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 27
You need to restart everything.

Also feed isn't from go pro app. Feed will be from solo link thru WiFi (turn off WiFi on go pro)

The phone or tablet should be connected to sololink wifi, not the go pro app

Hey guy's, i have a small situation here and was wondering if i can get some help, Since i bought my solo drone i been having problems getting a live view from the Gopro App, here is a break down on whats happening....i hooked up my Gopro 3+ Black to the HDMI Cable from the Solo Drone, turned everything on and went on my HTC One sprint phone and launched the App, i added a picture to this Threat, all i am getting is a black screen, i though it could be my Gopro, so i tried another brand new Gopro and i still had the same issue, We know it's not the Solo Drone because i sent the Solo Drone back to 3DR and they checked it and my Solo Drone was fine, any kelp would be awesome, my problem that i am having is i Can't get a live view from my GoPro while it's on the Solo Drone and i don't plan on spending $30 on a cable that plugs in the GoPro to the TV, Just to test it, have any of you guy's ever had this problem before again, any help would be awesome

See my thread "SKP"

Hi Shadow34606.

I had the same issue with my Hero 3+ Black when I first hooked it up. You have to go into the GoPro setup and change the video capture size from Wide to Medium then the streaming video works fine. This also helps you avoid taking video of the front legs of the Solo so you won't have to do any post production cropping and it also miminizes the fisheye distortion.

Not sure if this is a bug with the Hero 3+ Black, the Solo, the contoller, or the device recieving the stream (I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch). The user manual says to set the capture size to Medium for "best results". In any case, it works this way.

Also turn off OSD (On Screen Display) on the GoPro or you'll have the annoying GoPro menu items displaying on your device that's running the Solo app.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKP
I have the Hero 3+ Black and the only time I lost video was when the battery died. Make sure your GoPro is not in PAL mode as well, and in NTSC mode.
I turn on my camera first, Solo, controller, wifi connection to Solo, then app.
Also loosen up the mount so you can move the camera around and make sure the HDMI cable is fully seated. That has been a problem a lot of times. If not situated properly in the mount, it interferes with the cable.

Reactions: Burkeam
I agree with Shadow34606 - I had the same issue and called 3DR. The tech there told me to put the GoPro in 1080P 60 and make sure it was set to medium. After those changes it worked just fine.

Reactions: Marc and SKP
I agree with Shadow34606 - I had the same issue and called 3DR. The tech there told me to put the GoPro in 1080P 60 and make sure it was set to medium. After those changes it worked just fine.

Hi Brian, I think you were agreeing with me :). Shadow34606 was the person that posted the question. But yes, it seems we all had the exact same issue. I tried connecting, reconnecting the HDMI cable, rebooting, etc. until I found in the Solo manual that it was best used with the video capture set to Medium.

Funny thing is that I've seen some video where it looks like the capture settings are at Ultra/Wide where it includes the front legs of the Solo in the video - not sure of they were using a 3+ or 4. So I'm guessing the streaming issue might apply to only the Hero3+ or a specific firmware version on the 3+. I'll need to check what firmware I'm running and maybe we can compare between us to see if that may be the problem.

Weird Im still not getting a live feed. Tried all the above. Funny I first tried my Hero 3 no luck. Then i tried a friend 3+ silver and it worked. Next day i plugged it back in and the HDMI port came loose and goPro stopped working. Then I got another 3+ and no Luck. What do you guys think?

You have any luck?
Mine same problem ;(

Solo & GoPro video link solved :)
I received my Solo two days ago, and tried my Hero 3 / Hero 3+ / iPhone / iPad Air with all kinds of settings and sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. I read most of the posts regarding GoPro and No Video, with no success, then went on with trial and error and found the following:
if you bought your Solo from North America, then GoPro need to be in NTSC. All video resolutions and FOV, frame settings combinations will work.

if you set it to PAL, then nothing will work.

if you set GoPro to NTSC and still no video, then:
1) quit the Solo app (in iOS you need to double tap on home button and swipe up to quit the app)
2) switch off GoPro and ON again
3) launch Solo App

of course for the above to work you need to check for the following:
1) Solo and Controller needs to be on and connected to each other
2) your device need to be connected to Solo Link via WiFi
3) your GoPro wireless needs to be off

remember to switch off OSD in GoPro so you don't get GoPro settings on top of the video (unless you want it), also once you are in the app, all the GoPro menu settings will show up on your iOS which makes it a lot easier to change settings for the GoPro.

hope the above help

sometimes it the simple things in life.... I had the same problem. turned out that I was not inserting the cable into the GoPro all the way. I needed to release the GoPro mount lock, So I could move it back a bit, to insert the cable fully, then lock it back in. worked for me anyway

Reactions: SteveReno
sometimes it the simple things in life.... I had the same problem. turned out that I was not inserting the cable into the GoPro all the way. I needed to release the GoPro mount lock, So I could move it back a bit, to insert the cable fully, then lock it back in. worked for me anyway

I tried everything else, but it was the mHDMI plug. Thought it was all the way in, even pressed on to hard, didn't go all the way till I took out the camera from the mount, then plug it in.

ThanksLV_Working.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44