Solo controller not charging

Reaction score
I bought a new 3DR solo from Best Buy and tried to charge it. When I connect it the display on the controller doesn't turn on. If I press the power button, it shows the battery and a message to hold the button to power on.(the same message when it is disconnected)

I searched threads on here and I saw some people had similar problems but couldn't find a solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: Coastwise
I have not had this problem, but controller issues seem to resolve when I remove the battery (it requires carefully tugging on a cable connector in the battery compartment, so as not to pull the wires out of the connector) and then reconnect. It seems to perform a cold boot.

Reactions: Coastwise
The Solo controller is not supposed to turn on when charging. If you press the power button momentarily it will show the charge state of the battery.

Is the battery charging? If so, that's normal.

I pulled the battery and reseated it and still it did not work.

With the charger connected, when I press the power button it does show the battery with a message saying to hold to power on but the battery level stays the same. I have had it connected several times for over 3 hours each time and the level has not risen.

I pulled the battery and reseated it and still it did not work.

With the charger connected, when I press the power button it does show the battery with a message saying to hold to power on but the battery level stays the same. I have had it connected several times for over 3 hours each time and the level has not risen.
Sounds like the charger is defective. Returning it to BB would be easier than dealing with 3DR.

I bought a new 3DR solo from Best Buy and tried to charge it. When I connect it the display on the controller doesn't turn on. If I press the power button, it shows the battery and a message to hold the button to power on.(the same message when it is disconnected)

I searched threads on here and I saw some people had similar problems but couldn't find a solution. Does anyone have any ideas?
I had the exact probelm your describing, Did all what you did, next day, returned it back to BB, They replaced it immediately with a smile & a sorry. No problems since.

I tried a couple of more times to reseat the battery but it didn't help. I went back to to BB and they exchanged it with no hassle (didn't test it).
Just connected the new controller and it showed that it was charging right away.

Thanks everyone!

Is the controller supposed to show an icon or something to show that it’s charging? Mine currently says “Charger Connected” but the battery will not charge.

Is the controller supposed to show an icon or something to show that it’s charging? Mine currently says “Charger Connected” but the battery will not charge.

I've only had my Solo since early November, and transmitter doesn't show a charging icon while plugged in. I know it is charging when I check it later. I wish it blinked or something like my other drone!

I guess I might have a problem with my controller not charging. I was having tons of problems with pairing and motors however the controller finally worked and I was able to spin motors before rotors attached. And then the batteries in controller went 100% dead. I plugged it in and powered it up while plugged in then shut it down and it refuses to charge . I think I'm way beyond any warrantee here so fixing it is my only option. With most lithium batteries if the tap had no voltage the batteries won't charge because 5% of zero is zero. This zero charging volts applied. I just answered my own question. I will shock the lithium battery pack with a 9 v for 20 seconds then plug it in and try to charge it. Anyways, it always works on cell phones and cameras, I'll let you know

I guess I might have a problem with my controller not charging. I was having tons of problems with pairing and motors however the controller finally worked and I was able to spin motors before rotors attached. And then the batteries in controller went 100% dead. I plugged it in and powered it up while plugged in then shut it down and it refuses to charge . I think I'm way beyond any warrantee here so fixing it is my only option. With most lithium batteries if the tap had no voltage the batteries won't charge because 5% of zero is zero. This zero charging volts applied. I just answered my own question. I will shock the lithium battery pack with a 9 v for 20 seconds then plug it in and try to charge it. Anyways, it always works on cell phones and cameras, I'll let you know

How’d it go?

Shocking it did not work. I'm on a stict budget and I have a head lamp that uses the same type and side of batteries so I am reduced to removing the old batteries from the charge manager and put a battery holder in the batteries place so I can put them in the remote and recharge then in the headlamp. I'm getting sick of waiting for a nicely priced remote. Again. I'll let you know. As for shocking the batteries the remote responded as far as planning power on at the batteries however it did not provide power in a charge direction to charge the batteries. So the problem is not that the batteries had been over depleted . Instead it is something that opens the"charging food gate" as with before if I get the task done I'll let you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc