Solo Controller HDMI output

Reaction score
Does anybody know the HDMI specs that come out of the Solo controller? I'm interested in specifically knowing if the color space coming out of the HDMI port is YUV or RGB.

Does anybody know the HDMI specs that come out of the Solo controller? I'm interested in specifically knowing if the color space coming out of the HDMI port is YUV or RGB.

I don't have the spec from 3DR, but it almost assuredly is RGB. What I do know is that it is an 8bit, 4:2:0 output as passed from the GoPro's HDMI port. I regularly use this output to feed either a video village, field monitor, or Convergent Design Odessey input.

[edit] Just examined the stream from the CDO; it's RGB.

Thanks for the info. I did test the direct hdmi output from the GoPro and the BM Video Assist read it perfectly. Why would 3DR convert the color space to RGB? I guess they are thinking the signal would most likely go to a computer monitor. Thanks a bunch Wingsuit for confirming that signal!

Were you able to get BM Video Assist to read the signal through the controller? If so, what settings did you end up using?

I was able to connect the Solo Controller HDMI output directly to the TV without issue. I can also see a signal directly from the GoPro Hero 4 Black to my Macbook Pro via Blackmagic Mini Recorder. However, when trying to connect the controller through the BM Mini Recorder, I see nothing. I have lots of settings to choose from. The capture format offers 4 choices. Quicktime (QT) Uncompressed 8-bit YUY, same for 10-bit, QT Uncompressed 10-bit RGB, and DPX 10-bit RGB. The project video format has many choices and I can cycle through them, but likely 720 or 1080 depending on the specific frame rate. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado