Solo connecting to random wifi Hosts

hur

Reaction score
I see several posts where people are having issues with solo pairing with the controller. I myself have had this issue in past, and mysteriously it just syncs for no reason.

New years day I installed Open Solo v3 for the first time using ssh method I do not have Solex. After reset I could not pair my solo to the controller.

I did some log file analysis, and found out, when solo is not paired with anything it will randomly connect to other wifi access points. Since wifi client can only connect with one host or an access point at a time it will never pair with the controller.

Luckily Solo OS is on SD card, and I was able to look at logs and figure out MAC Address of the host solo was connecting to, and turn it off. Once I turned off the host, which was my printer set to accept direct wifi connections, I was able to pair solo with the controller.

Wifi has a tendency to prioritize based on signal strength, if solo finds a better signal while in air and switches to it, that would be bad. On the other hand this may not happen because solo is paired to the controller, this issue may only exist when solo is not paired with anything.

I guess best place to pair solo and controller, if you are having an issue will be where there are no other wifi signals.

This has to be a first. I'm going to guess your printer's configuration has something to do with it. The Solo wouldn't just randomly connect to a printer unless the planets have really aligned. Lots of people have wireless printers and other gadgetry, and this doesn't happen. As to what those circumstances were that let your solo to connect to your printer, IDK. Maybe it was becoming self-aware and wanted to start printing messages? "Fly me!"

So instead of buying new tablet, can I just connect my printer to my drone and use the 2" LCD to view my drone footage? :D

If the printer runs out of ink, does the solo fly to the store to pick up more?

Last edited:
This has to be a first. I'm going to guess your printer's configuration has something to do with it. The Solo wouldn't just randomly connect to a printer unless the planets have really aligned. Lots of people have wireless printers and other gadgetry, and this doesn't happen. As to what those circumstances were that let your solo to connect to your printer, IDK. Maybe it was becoming self-aware and wanted to start printing messages? "Fly me!"

I agree with you, I posted the message, because I see several people having this issue, I see people swapping the drone using their warranty in the end. I thought it would be helpful. May be no one actually looked into it deeper like I did. I could have done the same, but then I would not learn anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40