Solo Body Shell!?!?!?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me what this crazy law is that stops any of the stockists in the USA from shipping a new body shell to me in the UK? Even 3DR won't ship it but no explanation! There are none available in the UK and no one can tell when they will be!!! Helllllllpppp!!!

Not sure what the deal is its a lot of solo things that aren't shipping overseas apparently cause I've seen others complain about motors, batteries and basically anything beside solo itself and the gimbal. It's not just the UK either even Canada is having similar issues I believe. If money wasn't so tight right now I've debated helping a couple folks out, but by the time things got shipped here than overseas to others it would be ridiculous rates. May not be so bad on things Best Buy would have in stock otherwise wouldn't really be worthwhile for you all. I've seen other mention trying B&H, but I'm not sure if they can do it or not.

VU posted a message here earlier, maybe shoot him a message or an email asking when or if this is going to change and why it's a problem. Good luck and fly safe

Reactions: Garfield
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me what this crazy law is that stops any of the stockists in the USA from shipping a new body shell to me in the UK? Even 3DR won't ship it but no explanation! There are none available in the UK and no one can tell when they will be!!! Helllllllpppp!!!

this is nothing other than 3DR politics, I just had a long discussion with one of the Australian resellers, it's not their fault, they are also frustrated with current prices for Australian consumers seeing that prices dropped in all US stores and yet they are only allowed to sell the products at prices which they are told to sell them by 3DR and the prices for different Solo packages and for parts are double or more than US prices. and 3DR won't even allow their products to be shipped out of the US by resellers there. Amazon only allows to sell propellers and Gimbal (but I think that Gimbal was just a temporary oversight - soon it will get blocked I'm sure, it costs in Australia almost 3x the US price).

I was trying to put together some sort of spares package for my upcoming trip (just motors + shell + propellers + gimbal) and if I had to buy these in Australia it would costs more than what a full blown brand new Solo with gimbal and controller in US, it's a joke, even just motors + shell + propellers come to about the same price as new Solo + Controller at Amazon.

and it's not just that, as you mentioned you can't even get those parts from local resellers, you have to shop around, buy something from one reseller and another part from another reseller and even then you can't get everything, my shell for example is still on backorder.

HDMI I cannot get either, been flying "blind" for a week now, not available locally and I've been fighting with 3DR to send me one, they only responded to my first support ticket but have ignored every subsequent email for a week and I mean I want to buy one, I'm not asking them to send it for free.
(had to order after market version from Singapore instead).

I'm sure nobody would mind to pay 25-50% extra, but those prices are inflated by additional 100-200%.

I've noticed number of local resellers for the "white" one have dropped prices
(following the US trend) and at current levels nobody will be buying 3DR products over here any time soon.

Not sure what the deal is its a lot of solo things that aren't shipping overseas apparently cause I've seen others complain about motors, batteries and basically anything beside solo itself and the gimbal. It's not just the UK either even Canada is having similar issues I believe. If money wasn't so tight right now I've debated helping a couple folks out, but by the time things got shipped here than overseas to others it would be ridiculous rates. May not be so bad on things Best Buy would have in stock otherwise wouldn't really be worthwhile for you all. I've seen other mention trying B&H, but I'm not sure if they can do it or not.

VU posted a message here earlier, maybe shoot him a message or an email asking when or if this is going to change and why it's a problem. Good luck and fly safe

Thanks for that. I did speak to the guys at B&H but their hands are tied and not allowed to ship to the UK even tho they have stock, they say it is a manufacturer restriction!!!

this is nothing other than 3DR politics, I just had a long discussion with one of the Australian resellers, it's not their fault, they are also frustrated with current prices for Australian consumers seeing that prices dropped in all US stores and yet they are only allowed to sell the products at prices which they are told to sell them by 3DR and the prices for different Solo packages and for parts are double or more than US prices. and 3DR won't even allow their products to be shipped out of the US by resellers there. Amazon only allows to sell propellers and Gimbal (but I think that Gimbal was just a temporary oversight - soon it will get blocked I'm sure, it costs in Australia almost 3x the US price).

I was trying to put together some sort of spares package for my upcoming trip (just motors + shell + propellers + gimbal) and if I had to buy these in Australia it would costs more than what a full blown brand new Solo with gimbal and controller in US, it's a joke, even just motors + shell + propellers come to about the same price as new Solo + Controller at Amazon.

and it's not just that, as you mentioned you can't even get those parts from local resellers, you have to shop around, buy something from one reseller and another part from another reseller and even then you can't get everything, my shell for example is still on backorder.

HDMI I cannot get either, been flying "blind" for a week now, not available locally and I've been fighting with 3DR to send me one, they only responded to my first support ticket but have ignored every subsequent email for a week and I mean I want to buy one, I'm not asking them to send it for free.
(had to order after market version from Singapore instead).

I'm sure nobody would mind to pay 25-50% extra, but those prices are inflated by additional 100-200%.

I've noticed number of local resellers for the "white" one have dropped prices
(following the US trend) and at current levels nobody will be buying 3DR products over here any time soon.

Outside the USA we get the feeling that this product should only be a USA product, to little spares available outside and their replies from support are very sad. It is such a shame as the product is one of the best but sadly they will loose the following and the faith of those followers unless they offer better support.

Outside the USA we get the feeling that this product should only be a USA product, to little spares available outside and their replies from support are very sad. It is such a shame as the product is one of the best but sadly they will loose the following and the faith of those followers unless they offer better support.
Definitley dropping the ball on the overseas shipping. Makes no sense to me, any ideas from others why they'd have reason to have restrictions in place?

Hi Guys

Try http://www.customdrone.nl/en/product-category/3drobotics-en/ they have it all. Shipping from Netherland is around 19 EUR. Did by a body shell from them just in case....... costs 99 EUR.
The only problem is that they are sooooo lazy and it take sooooooo looooong time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44