Solo Battery Issue

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my Solo battery. It will not last much longer than maybe 2 minutes max when flying, even from 100% charge. It worked totally fine a few days ago, and I got about 20 minutes of use out of it. Can temperature affect the battery? I am using in in Nevada and it can get around 100° during the day right now.

Two things to look at- does it take the same time to charge as before?- as you plug in the charger to the battery press and hold down the power on button for about 10 sec. I assume you don't have a spare to try.

I'm having an issue with my Solo battery. It will not last much longer than maybe 2 minutes max when flying, even from 100% charge. It worked totally fine a few days ago, and I got about 20 minutes of use out of it. Can temperature affect the battery? I am using in in Nevada and it can get around 100° during the day right now.
Heat is bad for lipo batteries, but I don't think that caused your problem unless it was exposed to that temp for a long time.
How low did you allow it to discharge?

I agree with maddog heat is a killer, NEVER charge a hot or warm battery.

Two things to look at- does it take the same time to charge as before?- as you plug in the charger to the battery press and hold down the power on button for about 10 sec. I assume you don't have a spare to try.
It does take the same amount of time to charge as it used to - but it will discharge from 100% to 0% in a period of a couple minutes during flight. My Solo does not have any mods, so it isn't anything like that. Unfortunately I don't have a spare to try. It was in my car for about 2 hours in the sun, but i'm not sure if that would heat it up enough to cause any damage.

It does take the same amount of time to charge as it used to - but it will discharge from 100% to 0% in a period of a couple minutes during flight. My Solo does not have any mods, so it isn't anything like that. Unfortunately I don't have a spare to try. It was in my car for about 2 hours in the sun, but i'm not sure if that would heat it up enough to cause any damage.
Are you actually discharging it to 0%? If so, that may have damaged the battery. You generally don't want to go below about 10% or so.
@Pedals2Paddles likes to go by voltage I believe. Hopefully he can chime in with his voltage information.

What does holding the power button for 10 secs do?

I forgot to ask if you have looked at the discharge apps. at a hover, and the landing final voltage.

Update: I have ordered 2 new batteries from B&H, so I will probably shelve the old battery for now. Just happy to have a functioning drone again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44