Solo app update available

Reaction score
Looks like it's finally available. Just downloaded it from the App Store.

Just downloaded app. Warning- After downloading go into settings. My RTH altitude was set at the lowest setting. Think it was 3 meters or about 10 feet. Altitude limit was set to unlimited. Advance settings were OFF. A & B button reset to Cable Cam and Orbit. This could cause some problems especially the low RTH setting.

Just downloaded app. Warning- After downloading go into settings. My RTH altitude was set at the lowest setting. Think it was 3 meters or about 10 feet. Altitude limit was set to unlimited. Advance settings were OFF. A & B button reset to Cable Cam and Orbit. This could cause some problems especially the low RTH setting.
For what it's worth, I've found that 50 meters is a good RTL altitude. In most places it will clear trees. Going much higher might sound safer, but you waste a lot of battery life with super high RTL altitudes.

50 meters is about 160 feet. (I got in the habit of thinking in meters because DroidPlanner (now called Tower) only supported metric. I'm so used to it now I still use metric for anything drone related.)

RTL = what many of you call RTH. In DroidPlanner/Tower it's called RTL and even for the Solo the param that sets it is RTL. I think RTH is a DJI thing.

For what it's worth, I've found that 50 meters is a good RTL altitude. In most places it will clear trees. Going much higher might sound safer, but you waste a lot of battery life with super high RTL altitudes.

50 meters is about 160 feet. (I got in the habit of thinking in meters because DroidPlanner (now called Tower) only supported metric. I'm so used to it now I still use metric for anything drone related.)

RTL = what many of you call RTH. In DroidPlanner/Tower it's called RTL and even for the Solo the param that sets it is RTL. I think RTH is a DJI thing.
Welcome to the rest of the world that uses the metric system. Funny thing is we still use 2X4's to build things here in Canada. Go figure.

Reactions: erikgraham
I notice that to that the RTH or RTL is set very low..! I hope everybody catches that before they go out flying..

I notice that to that the RTH or RTL is set very low..! I hope everybody catches that before they go out flying..
No one else is mentioned it. Maybe it is only set low for us Canadians. LOL

Welcome to the rest of the world that uses the metric system. Funny thing is we still use 2X4's to build things here in Canada. Go figure.
It's so much easier to use metric. For example, say you know your bird can fly 1000 meters on
No one else is mentioned it. Maybe it is only set low for us Canadians. LOL
Mine was set to 10 feet as well. This is going to lead to a lot of crashed Solos.

They just pushed out the 3DR services update for Android.

So they do some good with updates and gimbals but are bound to cause more complaints and returns with this ten foot Rtl. I'm so confused what their thinking I thought 50 feet was a bit low for default at least, my trees are that tall not to mention towers, buildings or whatever else. Who's making these questionable calls, this ones kinda a big deal nobody would be safe at ten feet but it is supposed to hold alt if your above this so guess most will be ok. With gps issues though I'm sure wel see some crashes tomorrow or Monday with shiny new gimbals.

This forum should be a required sign up during preflight update honestly it's much better than 3dr or the solo manual could ever be for gaining experience and info to stay in the air without issues.

It's so much easier to use metric. For example, say you know your bird can fly 1000 meters on

Mine was set to 10 feet as well. This is going to lead to a lot of crashed Solos.[/

I think the 3DR guy who had the responsibility of setting the altitude was smoking weed ... Like really.. How can they over look something like that...why 10 feet?

So they do some good with updates and gimbals but are bound to cause more complaints and returns with this ten foot Rtl. I'm so confused what their thinking I thought 50 feet was a bit low for default at least, my trees are that tall not to mention towers, buildings or whatever else. Who's making these questionable calls, this ones kinda a big deal nobody would be safe at ten feet but it is supposed to hold alt if your above this so guess most will be ok. With gps issues though I'm sure wel see some crashes tomorrow or Monday with shiny new gimbals.

This forum should be a required sign up during preflight update honestly it's much better than 3dr or the solo manual could ever be for gaining experience and info to stay in the air without issues.

I agree this forum should be a required reading prior to flying. I nave gained a tremendous amount of knowledge. If you have questions, someone here has the answer. In fact, I have gotten answers to questions I didn't know I had. I hope 3Dr appreciates this forum. I am certain it has prevented numerous crashes, calls to 3DR customer support and returned solo products.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I agree this forum should be a required reading prior to flying. I nave gained a tremendous amount of knowledge. If you have questions, someone here has the answer. In fact, I have gotten answers to questions I didn't know I had. I hope 3Dr appreciates this forum. I am certain it has prevented numerous crashes, calls to 3DR customer support and returned solo products.
I agree Gef...Iv learned quite a lot reading all these threads on the Solo..! To me... This is customer support ..lol

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Is the Android app updated already? Is it available?

Thank You

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankita kumari