Solo #2 just arrived. Before I take it out of the box...

Reaction score
Did the update fix the gps issues or are they still there? I don't want to take it out of the box until I have heard some comments that people are happy with the update and that it has helped otherwise I'm not getting it out of the box.

I have had absolutely no issues. Get 8-9 sats almost immediately,,typically 14-15 on flt return. Central Florida,, it may take a number of minutes,,don't know how many to build the seeable database. Let it do it's thing,,,then as you fly more missions,,it will get better and better.,go Fly!!

I have had absolutely no issues. Get 8-9 sats almost immediately,,typically 14-15 on flt return. Central Florida,, it may take a number of minutes,,don't know how many to build the seeable database. Let it do it's thing,,,then as you fly more missions,,it will get better and better.,go Fly!!
Thanks David, for the quick reply. That sounds promising and if there are some others that feel the same and not having any issues I will do just that :)

If you are iOS, try closing all apps,,double click Home button, swipe up. That seems to helped me a lot.

No problems before or after update. Update went right through 1st try.

Did the update fix the gps issues or are they still there? I don't want to take it out of the box until I have heard some comments that people are happy with the update and that it has helped otherwise I'm not getting it out of the box.

I had plenty of problems before the update, zero after.
About 25 battery packs worth of flights and no issues since 1.05

Sometimes it takes a while to get it to arm, but when it does it knows where it is.

I'm still on the bench, had issues before the update did some testing but still need to go back to the place I fly and see if the GPS issues last week happen again in wide open area like it did before. .

Sorry, , I'm not convinced yet on the GPS but I am happy with the radio range. Can't believe WiFi works as well as it does in town, , for me anyway. .don't know how it is for all the rest. ..

I'm still on the bench, had issues before the update did some testing but still need to go back to the place I fly and see if the GPS issues last week happen again in wide open area like it did before. .

Sorry, , I'm not convinced yet on the GPS but I am happy with the radio range. Can't believe WiFi works as well as it does in town, , for me anyway. .don't know how it is for all the rest. ..
Hey Rodney,

Glad to hear you are getting great range. I know you and I both have experience with Pixhawk and APM 2.5/2.6 and their GPS units. I think since the 1.05 the users reporting 'glitches' are way down. But the fix also now requires an HDOP of 2.0 or less. With previous Pixhawks I could take off with 7 satellites and 3.0, but looking back may not have been the best decision. It's no doubt that some of the longer acquisition times are a result of the new minimum levels required. Which looking at where they are marketing and to whom is probably wise. My own acquisition times at my home went from about 30-45 sec to about 1-2 minutes to reach the desired accuracy.

Thanks Steve, Rodney and Jubalr. I'm charging it up right now. Update is downloaded and hopefully can get it up in the air when it's fully charged. Taking it to the most wide open space we have here in town.

Update, I went through the setup/update process and it wasn't smooth. It updated very quickly and while it is saying it is updated I'm not 100% confident it is. However I can say GPS lock was very quick and it flew flawlessly. It was very smooth, stopping on a dime and quick. I did not mess with any of the settings as I wanted to see what it would do out of the box. There was no drifting at all.

This was the experience I had been hoping for and while I have flown only two batteries I do feel a little more comfortable with it. It's not going long range anytime soon though. I was testing in a field with nothing around me whatsoever so there could not be any chance with radio interference. As I get more airtime I will expand on where I fly it but I want to make sure it is safe first.

With that being said I'm now happy and not aggravated. 3DR did replace the unit and it looks like they have fixed some of the gps issues with this latest update.

I'm looking for a hero pro 3 if anyone is looking to upgrade to a 4.

Update, I went through the setup/update process and it wasn't smooth. It updated very quickly and while it is saying it is updated I'm not 100% confident it is. However I can say GPS lock was very quick and it flew flawlessly. It was very smooth, stopping on a dime and quick. I did not mess with any of the settings as I wanted to see what it would do out of the box. There was no drifting at all.

This was the experience I had been hoping for and while I have flown only two batteries I do feel a little more comfortable with it. It's not going long range anytime soon though. I was testing in a field with nothing around me whatsoever so there could not be any chance with radio interference. As I get more airtime I will expand on where I fly it but I want to make sure it is safe first.

With that being said I'm now happy and not aggravated. 3DR did replace the unit and it looks like they have fixed some of the gps issues with this latest update.

I'm looking for a hero pro 3 if anyone is looking to upgrade to a 4.
I am very glad to know it's working out well for you.
Personally
I threw in the towel with solo this morning, I wrote to 3DR asking for an RMA.
For me the cons outweigh the pros.
I had made a few suggestions for change and if and when I see them I will think about purchasing Solo 2.0.
Have fun ,, fly safe have a great day.

Take Care Rodney..Hate to see you go!

Safe flying...
Jubal

Thanks
Hate to disappoint you but I'm still keeping my eyes on you guys and gal.

Not leaving just waiting...

Like a stalker? I feel honored.

Sorry to see you go as well. Hope 3DR gets things rolling and you end up back.

I can't blame you for wanting to wait Rodney. I was almost there as well.

After flying another 2 more batteries closer to some houses, towers, power lines etc. just this morning, I feel a lot more confident with it. I took out it to around 400 ft this morning and that was as far as I wanted to go with no camera/fpv on it. It was very smooth and precise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44