Solex does not show Vehicle Settings after 1.7.4 Update

Reaction score
Occasionally I would get the grayed out Calibrate IMU and Calibrate Compass buttons. No issue then, because I found out by disconnecting and reconnecting, made them re-appear (sometimes). But now after updating to 1.7.4, the Vehicle Settings along with both Calibrate buttons do not show up on my Nexus 4 no matter what I do. I did a calibration with the SOLO app just to see if that would make them re-appear in Solex, but no luck. I can also select any of my Solos under "Vehicles" and test the motors, Arm the solo (without propellers), but I do not want to Fly it with out figuring this out first. I haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing, because I am not sure if would loose my geofences or any other data.

However, when I run 1.7.4 on my Galaxy 5, I can see the Vehicle Settings there! ?? I did a few flights using my Galaxy 5 and everything was smooth. Still, I would like to continue using my Nexus 4 for Solex. Prior to the update, I had no issue with Solex on my Nexus 4. This is on a stock Solo.

Has anyone else had this issue with the "Vehicle Settings" not showing up?

Occasionally I would get the grayed out Calibrate IMU and Calibrate Compass buttons. No issue then, because I found out by disconnecting and reconnecting, made them re-appear (sometimes). But now after updating to 1.7.4, the Vehicle Settings along with both Calibrate buttons do not show up on my Nexus 4 no matter what I do. I did a calibration with the SOLO app just to see if that would make them re-appear in Solex, but no luck. I can also select any of my Solos under "Vehicles" and test the motors, Arm the solo (without propellers), but I do not want to Fly it with out figuring this out first. I haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing, because I am not sure if would loose my geofences or any other data.

However, when I run 1.7.4 on my Galaxy 5, I can see the Vehicle Settings there! ?? I did a few flights using my Galaxy 5 and everything was smooth. Still, I would like to continue using my Nexus 4 for Solex. Prior to the update, I had no issue with Solex on my Nexus 4. This is on a stock Solo.

Has anyone else had this issue with the "Vehicle Settings" not showing up?

When you connect, are you allowing the parameters to download before you try to open Vehicle Settings? In order to determine what it puts on the menu, Solex has to get parameters from the vehicle so it can tell what kind of vehicle it is. If you have an active Flight Profile, Vehicle Settings will never be enabled, because a Flight Profile is itself a set of altered parameters. If you're using multiple Android devices with the same vehicle, is there a chance you activated a Flight Profile on your Nexus 4 which the Galaxy 5 wouldn't know about?

Yes, I wait for all the parameters to download, "Connected to SOLO" voice prompt and "Vehicle type is SOLO" voice prompt. Then I check the left hand menu and nothing there. Disconnect, Connect, Turn off/on Wifi, reboot SOLO, Controller, Phone, etc...still no luck.

Although, you brought up a good point. I do recall playing with the Flight Profiles on SOLO #2 a few weeks ago. IIRC, I did push the reset button when I was done and then put everything away. This time around, I was using SOLO #1 when I noticed the issue on my Nexus 4. I only used my Galaxy 5 to test/compare the issue I was having. Normally, I fly both the SOLOs only with the Nexus 4.

Later today when I get a chance, I will fire up #2 and double check it. I guess choosing another flight mode and then pushing reset should do the trick right?

Thanks, I'll keep you posted.

On a slightly related issue... I was just reading the online Solex Manual and noticed the "Flight Profiles" section does not match the manual that comes up using the "Documentation" from within the Solex app.

The paragraph below was copied from the app's Documentation and is missing from the online manual...

"When a Flight Profile is active, you'll notice that the Vehicle Settings and Firmware Updates menu items on the main menu are disabled (grayed out). This is because an active Flight Profile means that some of your vehicle's parameters are changed temporarily, and will be changed back to their original values when the profile is cleared. If one of the profile's parameters is the same as one updated by you in Vehicle Settings or by a firware update, that change will be lost when the profile is reset. So to prevent that, Solex prevents you being able to change them manually while a Flight Profile is active."

After reading that, I do recall also seeing "Firmware Updates" grayed out, which, helps to prove your point.

I will post my findings soon.

When you connect, are you allowing the parameters to download before you try to open Vehicle Settings? In order to determine what it puts on the menu, Solex has to get parameters from the vehicle so it can tell what kind of vehicle it is. If you have an active Flight Profile, Vehicle Settings will never be enabled, because a Flight Profile is itself a set of altered parameters. If you're using multiple Android devices with the same vehicle, is there a chance you activated a Flight Profile on your Nexus 4 which the Galaxy 5 wouldn't know about?
Thanks Kelly, You were spot on! I went back and used the reset button in the Flight Profiles menu and that solved the issue I was having.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela