Solex app when prompted just keeps grog to wifi sittings and won't open. Anyone have ideas? Thanks!

Reaction score
Just installed Solex app on a never used Solo and when prompted it just keeps going to wifi sittings and won't open. Anyone have ideas? Thanks!

I understand your excitement and consternation. That said, please limit yourself to a
single thread per problem , as it helps keep the forums neat and tidy. Folks who volunteer their help have limited time, so if you concentrate the information in one place, it speeds the attempt to
aid you.

So, with that bit of forum please-and-thanks business out of the way....

1. You can't install Solex on a Solo. You can install it on an Android device.

2. Please note all the details of what you are doing and what you have tried.
a. What device are you installing Solex on? What version of Android? What is the exact sequence of events that occur?
b. What else have you tried?
c. What is the overall problem you're trying to solve?

Thanks for the thread heads up. I'm as new to this forum as I am to drones. I'm beginning to think I bit off more than I can chew now. Especially since I just want a drone to use with my GoPro for some fun.

Here's the best answers I have to your valid questions:

1. My bad, I meant to say I have successfully installed Solex on my Samsung a20 phone but can't get the controller to update.

2. Now I have the drone and app connected, but still nothing from the controller.
b. I don't know what else to try.
c. I just want an FVP screen and controls to fly like a normal drone.

Attachments

• C5C2AA33-E0EC-44F3-8B00-EBEF9C611577_4_5005_c.jpeg
    C5C2AA33-E0EC-44F3-8B00-EBEF9C611577_4_5005_c.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 10
The controller IS the wifi AP. So if the app and the drone are talking, then the controller IS involved.

The image you're showing means you need to get OpenSolo4 installed. Please search for that on this site as the links and some helpful hints are around.

FPV on Solo is possible, but tricky most of the time. But if you can get your bird updated then dealing with HDMI startup and handshaking will be your next molehill to climb.

Reactions: JCBird
I give up! It's too complicated and now I've spent 72 hours and $400 on a complete waste of time and money. I was so excited because the build quality and GoPro mount was exactly what I wanted. Guess I should have bought a DJI drone after all. ANYONE WANT TO BUY A NEVER FLOWN SOLO?

It sounds like you need to get yourself an older android device where the solo app can be installed, after that perform the update on the bird and controller, it will be only once, after that you can use the solex app

I give up! It's too complicated and now I've spent 72 hours and $400 on a complete waste of time and money. I was so excited because the build quality and GoPro mount was exactly what I wanted. Guess I should have bought a DJI drone after all. ANYONE WANT TO BUY A NEVER FLOWN SOLO?

It's not complicated at all. You keep getting prompted for wifi settings because Solex hasn't connected to anything on that device yet. When you hit Connect, Solex takes you to the wifi page to select an AP to connect to. Once you've selected one and press Back, Solex looks at the wifi name you're connected to. It will prompt you to click Connect again if this is the wifi you want to connect to. Do that, and it will try to find a drone connection on the current AP.

If it keeps prompting you, try starting out on a different AP, and then starting Solex. When prompted, select the AP provided by your controller (SoloLink_xxxx, etc) and then press back.

Reactions: RC Zee and Wetstone
Listen to Kelly. He and a great group of guys are responsible for keeping Solo flying long after the OEM decided to not support any further. It can be daunting/frustrating starting something new but Solo is a great platform for your GoPro and has some pretty great features built into the Soles app, created by Kelly.
I have owned/built a multitude of DJI products from the DIY F450/550 and S900 with their DJI respective controllers and have purchased the P4 and mini. All of them had issues and some no longer function due to lack of support from DJI including abandonment for their custom, closed source apps. I ended up using the Pixhawk controllers on DIYs, the same controller that is used in Solo.
Good luck trying to get help for DJI issues, online and forums are useless for the large part since very limited in what you can do, assuming the apps still works. With Solo and Solex, once you become more familiar with parameters, you can change to fit your specific need and the guys are working on new stuff all the time.
I still prefer my solo, I have four, two in service with fixed and gimbal mount and two as spares. I have recently upgraded to run standard lipo and li ion batteries with new battery adaptors since stock batteries are at the end of their lives. That again goes to show you Solo's versatility and fact it can match new technology as it comes online. You will be amazed and options available for solo including stuff like retractable landing gear and more is coming all the time. So now I can run on li ion batteries which are double the capacity of the standard lipo. DJI doesn't have the new battery technology incorporated yet, but probably will soon.
It may seem like a steep learning curve but there are lots of guys in this forum who will help you. Don't give up yet as you have invested money and time. If you can get over this hump, you will see it was worth it. Solo rocks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela