So you're telling me...

Reaction score
I paid good money for a drone now i have to pay more money for an app just to get it started?

To be clear you don't HAVE to. It is perfectly possible and acceptable to fly a 3DR Solo without any app connected. If you want add-on functionality such as is available in Solex or SidePilot then you will indeed have to shell out.

Or learn to use Mission Planner to interface with the bird. Or purchase an older phone or tablet which the 3DR app will still run on.

You have options, my friend. Options, choices, and decisions.

Reactions: brushhippie
How do you bypass the initial start up and update without the app. I'm fine without it. I just can't bypass it

You don't. You need to do the pre-flight update, and you can do so with the 3DR Solo app. It's free. It will not work until you do so.

That's what i thought. And it keeps closing soon as I connect to any kind of WiFi

The app is very old and doesn't work well (or at all) on the latest versions of Android and iOS. Likely what you're experiencing.

You would have to go straight to Open Solo 4 using Solex. The link is in my signature with instructions and guides. I don't generally suggest it for a brand new user that's never even gotten it working to begin with, but it does work.

I have an lg stylo 4 running Android 8.1.0 and solo app works just fine on it.

I paid good money for a drone now i have to pay more money for an app just to get it started?
I'm sorry.. did someone somewhere EVER say that flying any drone worth a shit is CHEAP? If so, you were lied to. Paying for the better app is up to you, but if you want to have fun with your drone then you need to lighten up on the very minimal expenses needed to do so

I'm sorry.. did someone somewhere EVER say that flying any drone worth a shit is CHEAP? If so, you were lied to. Paying for the better app is up to you, but if you want to have fun with your drone then you need to lighten up on the very minimal expenses needed to do so

Hey was looking at thread I bought a solo sight unseen and the last guy said he flew it before he shipped it,, hmmmmmmmmmmmm not to sure but when i plug in it will say update required ok, happy to do that 8hrs later cant instal anything as i have i phone 6, started with solo app was advised to get side pilot and im no better off so far with that. If I buy and old android will it update on that ? Iv'e spend so much time now its a case of point of ne return.

Hey was looking at thread I bought a solo sight unseen and the last guy said he flew it before he shipped it,, hmmmmmmmmmmmm not to sure but when i plug in it will say update required ok, happy to do that 8hrs later cant instal anything as i have i phone 6, started with solo app was advised to get side pilot and im no better off so far with that. If I buy and old android will it update on that ? Iv'e spend so much time now its a case of point of ne return.
If you'd bothered to utilize the search function [as suggested in your other 2 threads] and do some reading I expect you'd have your answer by now.

However, if you want to continue to clog up threads and forums flailing about, I guess that is your choice.

If you'd bothered to utilize the search function [as suggested in your other 2 threads] and do some reading I expect you'd have your answer by now.

However, if you want to continue to clog up threads and forums flailing about, I guess that is your choice.
well thanks mate not good at all with computers no idea how to read other threads on this subject and not sure my way around computers in general.one thing is for sure some people on here happy to help others not so happy . There are prob some things i can do better than you even, this is not one of them. Sorry to put you out.

Reactions: warren
@CHRIS FERRETT He could well have flown it. If he factory reset your vehicle before sending, it would have put in the state it now is asking for the pre-flight update.

I'm just saying please don't give up or think your vehicle is damaged / unusable. Persevere with the advice on other threads and you'll get in the air.

Reactions: brushhippie
@CHRIS FERRETT He could well have flown it. If he factory reset your vehicle before sending, it would have put in the state it now is asking for the pre-flight update.

I'm just saying please don't give up or think your vehicle is damaged / unusable. Persevere with the advice on other threads and you'll get in the air.
Absolutely..well worth a bit of research!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc