So confused and need help :s

hi i bought the solo the first day of release in Australia and I've got a go pro hero 4 black aswell, I use my iPhone 6 as the screen and that is my set up but for some unknown reason I have never been able to record from my go pro. Only from the live feed on my phone. It's like the solo doesn't connect properly with the go pro as I havn't been able to do follow me or selfie mode either. Every time I fly my drone I get the live feedback and can do orbit and cable cam but that's it. And I can't record it to my go pro. I've attatched two pictures of what my screen looks like with the go pro icon being unavailable to click.
HELP PLEASE as I've now spent a lot of money on this drone and haven't been able to utilise any of it ;(
Thank you.
My 2 cents is that you should try the following:

1. Make sure all software and firmware on your iPhone, Controller, Solo, Gimbal, and GoPro is up to date. Check for updates to the Solo App in the App Store. Once you have the latest Solo app, it will tell you if the other stuff is updated. Double check that your Hero 4 Black is updated separately by checking the GoPro website or just using the GoPro app.

2. In the Solo app, goto settings and disable "Save videos to Camera Roll" and "Automatically record video during shots"

3. Power everything off. Fully quit out of the Solo app.

4. Insert GoPro into gimbal. Make sure it is firmly seated into the back connector - sometimes my GoPro looks like it's in, but if I give an extra squeeze I can feel it snug further into the back connector. The fact that you also have trouble initiating Follow me and other Smart shots makes me suspect this is an issue for you too.

5. Power on GoPro. (Yes, this contradicts the previous post that suggests turning GoPro on before installing into the gimbal).

6. Power on the Solo.

7. Power on the Controller

8. Connect to Sololink wifi on iPhone.

9. Launch Solo App.

That's the order that always seems to work for me when I have issues. You can test if the camera works before you even take off. If you hit record, there should be a red camera in the upper left corner of the display. That's just the GoPro's OSD (on screen display) showing up in your live feed.

If none of the above works, then right from inside the Solo app, send a support request to 3DR. Doing it that way will include your logs with the email.

Good luck!

My 2 cents is that you should try the following:

1. Make sure all software and firmware on your iPhone, Controller, Solo, Gimbal, and GoPro is up to date. Check for updates to the Solo App in the App Store. Once you have the latest Solo app, it will tell you if the other stuff is updated. Double check that your Hero 4 Black is updated separately by checking the GoPro website or just using the GoPro app.

2. In the Solo app, goto settings and disable "Save videos to Camera Roll" and "Automatically record video during shots"

3. Power everything off. Fully quit out of the Solo app.

4. Insert GoPro into gimbal. Make sure it is firmly seated into the back connector - sometimes my GoPro looks like it's in, but if I give an extra squeeze I can feel it snug further into the back connector. The fact that you also have trouble initiating Follow me and other Smart shots makes me suspect this is an issue for you too.

5. Power on GoPro. (Yes, this contradicts the previous post that suggests turning GoPro on before installing into the gimbal).

6. Power on the Solo.

7. Power on the Controller

8. Connect to Sololink wifi on iPhone.

9. Launch Solo App.

That's the order that always seems to work for me when I have issues. You can test if the camera works before you even take off. If you hit record, there should be a red camera in the upper left corner of the display. That's just the GoPro's OSD (on screen display) showing up in your live feed.

If none of the above works, then right from inside the Solo app, send a support request to 3DR. Doing it that way will include your logs with the email.

Good luck!

Thanks, this clarifies things a lot and is very helpful. You’d think 3DR would include something like this in the manual. Re #5, I don’t think I was exactly wrong, but this clarifies that it is key that the GoPro be turned on before linking with Solo through the gimbal, not necessarily (as I implied) that it be turned on before being physically inserted in the gimbal. In the sequence above, the same thing is accomplished by turning on the GoPro after insertion but before the Solo itself is powered on.

You must have a good GPS amount to do smart shots, I believe your photo does not show amount of GPS to do smart shots, smart shots use GPS to know we're to start and we're to finish your move.
You might try to upgrade your antenna

I was having a similar issue with mine. I started turning the gopro on before solo and it resolved the issue. Not sure why but if I try to turn the GP on through the APP it is like it does not see the GP so I make sure to turn the GP on first and it works.
The app does not have the ability to turn the GoPro on. I always turn the GoPro on manually before I power Solo on and haven't had any problems that way.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44