Snow Shots

This video is long but very in depth and helped me a lot with understanding the GoPro's settings when I got my Solo.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichWest and DJMc
This video is long but very in depth and helped me a lot with understanding GoPro settings when I got my Solo.
He makes a convincing case for EV Comp. Now thinking back through your videos I can see why you are getting less high lights blownout. You are having less need to crush the shadows to compensate for over exposure in post.

I have used EV Comp and do get better exposure results, but common advice has been filter, filter, filter. It was interesting he made no mention for filters. Since I'm mainly focused on hardware vibe reduction testing from my videos I tend to leave my camera in Auto to speed up reviewing of my results. My posted videos are nothing more than test videos for vibes and my attempt to be creative. I was not blessed with any artistic abilities...but I can spin a wrench with the best.

Appreciate the share. I'm going to try his settings for the next few months...we'll see.

Reactions: Wooskie
He makes a convincing case for EV Comp. Now thinking back through your videos I can see why you are getting less high lights blownout. You are having less need to crush the shadows to compensate for over exposure in post.

I have used EV Comp and do get better exposure results, but common advice has been filter, filter, filter. It was interesting he made no mention for filters. Since I'm mainly focused on hardware vibe reduction testing from my videos I tend to leave my camera in Auto to speed up reviewing of my results. My posted videos are nothing more than test videos for vibes and my attempt to be creative. I was not blessed with any artistic abilities...but I can spin a wrench with the best.

Appreciate the share. I'm going to try his settings for the next few months...we'll see.
..but I can spin a wrench with the best.

Ever work on a military 6X6, like a deuce and a half?

Great job. Enjoyed your video and music but also enjoyed your flying near the trees. Most of my flying is around trees so every time youcame close I was checking out the close up. Thanks and good job

Reactions: Wooskie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig