Smallest packing of the Solo

Reaction score
Hey all! Does anyone have any recommendations for super compact packing the Solo, batteries, controller, and props? I have a Lowes backpack that works great but I want something smaller either to fit inside my checked luggage with batteries in my carryon or small enough to fit in my carryon suitcase and still have some room for other stuff. I was thinking one of the hard aluminum tool cases from harbor freight and partially disassemble the drone and wrap everything in bubble wrap.

props off and make/find a box to fit around the gimbal. A cardboard box could be made to fit it pretty exactly then doped with resin to make it harder - Velcro strap around Solo body and it'd hold on as a hard protective cover.

I use a little zipper bag that is the right size to fit behind the gimbal and underneath the body when it's in my Thinktank bag.

bubble wrap
I wouldn't use bubble wrap, foam is better choice as it gives a bit better than bubble wrap and doesn't transmit vibrations from surroundings. I would consider this only because of the potential for loose connections that have been discussed/diagnosed in other posts. I've got several cases and in the end they all take up more space than you'd like. If you can split up the stuff, e.g., put controllers and batteries in separate box you could have two smaller boxes. I love my solos, but I also bought a Mavic for the transportation issue (its Polar Pro bag is _small_).

props off and make/find a box to fit around the gimbal. A cardboard box could be made to fit it pretty exactly then doped with resin to make it harder - Velcro strap around Solo body and it'd hold on as a hard protective cover.

I use a little zipper bag that is the right size to fit behind the gimbal and underneath the body when it's in my Thinktank bag.
I would never ever put my Solo into any checked luggage bag, have you seen the way they handle the bags ouch. Yesterday I flew from Orlando International to Manchester England with my new Solo. It was packed into the dedicated back pack which I also purchased along with the transmitter and chargers etc. The four batteries I have were individually packed into bubble wrap bags and then all of them put into a Lipo safe bag to keep TSA happy at the airport. TSA never even opened the back pack containing my Solo or the hand luggage bag containing my batteries. I took everything on board as carry on and the back pack fitted perfectly into the over head stowage onboard the plane. To be honest after reading some peoples comments I expected to get the twenty questions from TSA about batteries etc and I was armed with FAA and the airlines guidelines but they never even asked about anything.

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44