Small Video clip of the farm...

J R

Reaction score
This is a small clip done after the camera, motors and props have been balanced. As everyone now knows, I'm just now starting to learn about the production aspects. I didn't do anything to this clip other than cut it up, remove the fisheye and add a music clip. It was done in 2.7k @ 60fps. I had a Polar Pro ND8 filter on for most of it. YouTube does what it does. No real post editing, just because I haven't learned how to do it yet so I didn't want to make it worse (thinking I was making it better). I did the cutting and exporting in GoPro Studio. I have Premiere Elements 13 but don't know how to use it.

I know this is amateurish so constuctive criticism is much welcomed as my ultimate goal is to learn. Well, here it goes.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Steven Ackerman
I really like the shot coming backwards down the path with the fence on both sides. Was that a smart shot, did you fly it yourself? Flying forward and reversed the footage. I think it's a great start.

Reactions: J R
Nice work, everything has improved regarding vibration. Post editing does seems like a real challenge for me as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You're gaining ground, I'm still far behind you... Going out to shoot promised video here shortly...beautiful day here. Good luck!

I really like the shot coming backwards down the path with the fence on both sides. Was that a smart shot, did you fly it yourself? Flying forward and reversed the footage. I think it's a great start.

Thanks Tro, All free flying, no smart shots, no reversing. Just trying to get a feel for the bird after all of the balancing work. I just put a new 4.4mm lens yesterday so I'm eager to se the difference.

Jerry

Jerry, that is awesome! Great flying- I really like the close-to-the-ground work! I find the high altitude, barely moving videos boring.

I'm using ProDrenalin and Power Director 13 and have learned a lot from YouTube videos and just playing around with it. I learned stuff from YouTube that I had no idea could be performed with the program.

If my video needs fisheye removal or stabilizing it goes straight from the camera into ProDrenalin, then into Power Director.

I'm sure there are better ways to do it but I'm not creating a Hollywood blockbuster.

Stop tinkering and start flying & editing!

Dog,

I'm just getting this thing setup...well kinda. New lens has a dark spot in the bottom corner. Gotta rip it back out and clean everything back up just to make sure I didn't smudge something. You're right though, should be flying. Three birds here, decent weather, I'll have lots of tinkerin' time once the weather flattens out for a long winter.

Jerry

For us, winter is when we switch from short sleeve to long sleeve shirts.o_O

Yeah, I'm still in short sleeved Harley shirts. I have been putting on my lined denim overshirt though! Just did a batt with the new lens. Copying the files to the HD now. Hope it looks good!

Jerry

New lens isn't stroking the ego. Looks slightly out of focus on the left side and I still have a real slight darker spot on the left lower portion of the screen on preview. Just put on a brand new ND8PL. I've got to take the thing apart again and look for dirt. The micro vibes are back and visible again as well. Might have pushed things a step too far. Love the wide FOV with no legs or props. Back to the drawing board. So many here could calculate all of these variables, for me it's just hit or miss. No graduation or Prom, just Jarhead school. Oh well. Life ain't a destination, right? It's a journey...

Jerry

My very first gp1 I did a lens switch on it. Never felt like it was as sharp as it use to be. I'm happy with 2.k medium view. I'm just a hobbyist and all my videos are for YouTube/personal use anyways.

My very first gp1 I did a lens switch on it. Never felt like it was as sharp as it use to be. I'm happy with 2.k medium view. I'm just a hobbyist and all my videos are for YouTube/personal use anyways.

Tro,

Just a hobbyist here as well. Just like tweaking I guess. I'll figure it out, it'll just take me a bit more time than some! Thanks for the note.

Jerry

Tro,

Just a hobbyist here as well. Just like tweaking I guess. I'll figure it out, it'll just take me a bit more time than some! Thanks for the note.

Jerry
Actually after reading your post about changing lens, I googled it. It's much easier on the 3/4 then it was on the 1. I watched a few videos and looked up a few lens. But then reading your post about it being soft reminded me of my experience and I decided to leave it be for now. Hoping the gp5 which is rumored to have 8k video adds some more 4K options, like 69fos and medium view.

Actually after reading your post about changing lens, I googled it. It's much easier on the 3/4 then it was on the 1. I watched a few videos and looked up a few lens. But then reading your post about it being soft reminded me of my experience and I decided to leave it be for now. Hoping the gp5 which is rumored to have 8k video adds some more 4K options, like 69fos and medium view.

Tro,

I hear you. I ain't buying another GoPro. One way or another, I'll get this sucker working as it needs too.

For others doing a lens swap, don't attempt to secure the lens until you know you have it as you want it. Fortunately, I secured mine with a few tiny dabs of silicone yesterday, so it was easy to remove. After I get everything completely dialed in I'll probably put a single drop of blue Loctite on the lens threads. Should be more than enough to hold it in place and as long as it's just a small drop, it should be fairly easy to remove.

Jerry

Nice work, everything has improved regarding vibration. Post editing does seems like a real challenge for me as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You're gaining ground, I'm still far behind you... Going out to shoot promised video here shortly...beautiful day here. Good luck!

In keeping with the new world order. "You, my friend, are full of stuff! You placate me with your decadent words, you trivialize your very own accomplishments". In other words, you're getting the best of me so far but I'm inching up! Watch out!

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbugg1233