Reaction score
Here's a few simple physical mods I've made on the Solo system. The tripod mount is great to get that strap from around my neck for a nice relaxing flight. I failed to mention in the video, it's a 1/4 inch bolt that pokes through the plastic electrical junction box to hold onto the tripod plate. The customized backpack was done to accommodate the Alpha antennas without taking them off. Pardon the shake; I was holding the camera, talking, and demonstrating the equipment at the same time. Good thing for humanity I wasn't chewing gum.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a few simple physical mods I've made on the Solo system. The tripod mount is great to get that strap from around my neck for a nice relaxing flight. I failed to mention in the video, it's a 1/4 inch bolt that pokes through the plastic electrical junction box to hold onto the tripod plate. The customized backpack was done to accommodate the Alpha antennas without taking them off. Pardon the shake; I was holding the camera, talking, and demonstrating the equipment at the same time. Good thing for humanity I wasn't chewing gum.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Slick! Thanks for sharing! I really like the Alfa antennas too (they got me out past 12,000ft by themselves).

Definitely! Although being out in the high, sparsely populated desert doesn't hurt either.
desert=no trees? That's key to spectacular long range ... Big pine trees in my area attenuate signal quite a bit.

Yea Dave, big pines do attenuate RF...but they smell soon dang good! Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986