Simple logger for solo flights?

jar

Reaction score
I was looking for a simple (preferably android app) that I could use for logging my solo flights. I know I can get the logs from solo into MP, but I really just want to log the actual flight itself without having to download to a PC.

Something that could get the logs and extract from the logs simple flight time information (max height, max distance, max speed, gps start and stop locations). It would be nice to be able to add some notes and name the flights, just so i have a record of my flights and airtime. Battery usage tracking would also be great (start/stop voltages if thats possible).

Does anything exist like this? I have looked but apart from downloading the logs I cannot see anything. I think i can get the tlogs into tower, but I dont see a really simple way to get them to the tablet? I didnt want to be tied t a laptop to do it.

I might be missing something really basic here, but any pointers would be helpful.

John R

Seconded! I tried a few, but found DroneLogbook suited me best. It's very flexible and as simple or as complex as you want it to be. I started logging flights manually in it but have moved on to downloading tlogs to my PC, with weather data and 3d flight reviews possible. It syncs from PC to the Android app. It also has an equipment and maintenance management section if you want or use them. I'm hoping to go commercial so it should suit me well into the future. (You can also link other pilots to your organisation - if you ever had freelancers working for you).

It's a bit tricky to find on Google play for some reason...it doesn't appear under 'DroneLogbook', but it shows under 'drone log book'.

Reactions: speatuk
I'm s geek to just like the ability to mess about with stuff. Lol [emoji13]

Thanks for the suggestion, I had a play with dronlogbook. I downloaded the logs using winscp to my pc, created an account for Dronlogbook and uploaded them. It certainly gives me what i need but it is really the whole pc thing i wanted to avoid. (I like gadgets but i am also lazy :-D )

As my tablet is used for the screen i wondered if there was an app that can get the logs directly while it was connected?

Dronlogbook gives some nice views, Oddly one of the GPS tracks (just one) is out by about 20m on the 3d map as the track appears to go through my house :)

I've just recently started the playback feature too and noticed the same thing with theway point positions being out. Good to get some validation that it's not unique to me. I'll try the developers and see if they are aware of the issue.

Hey guys. I'm about 90% complete on an app that does exactly what @jar is looking for.
So far I have working:
Grabs tlogs and BIN files from Artoo and Solo respectively.
Uploads them to Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and Google Drive.

What other requirements can you guys think of?
Matt @Pedals2Paddles mentioned about maybe scrubbing tlogs so when imported into DroneLogbook they would reflect only "real" flight time and not the time spent on the ground.

Real flight time (only the occasions you hit "fly") would be cool :)

It sounds like this is quite interesting, whether it is a standalone logbook or something simpler that makes it easier for Dronelogbook or programs like that to get to the logs.

Please keep us updated on how you are getting on!

john

Reactions: carpy
Real flight time (only the occasions you hit "fly") would be cool :)

It sounds like this is quite interesting, whether it is a standalone logbook or something simpler that makes it easier for Dronelogbook or programs like that to get to the logs.

Please keep us updated on how you are getting on!

john
Just a quick update, Wookiee is on Google Play, just search for Wookiee or 3DR Solo to find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela