sidepilot

Reaction score
Hi new to drones and frustrated at this point, been many hours trying with solo 3dr app only to find out is is past its due by date. Drone i have had over a week but as soon as its plugged in have to do a firmware update. So got the side pilot app as i was told that woult get the thing sorted, so new problem now got the app on phone but when i go to look for it in wifi setting its not there , so if anyone has any idea holler. I'm not lazy iv'e triedmany things factory reset tc, had toanyway ashehad a non default password. Tried solo app now on sidepiot, I want to fly it out with baits for fishing. I also have amavic pro , that just works no worries. Thanks in advance. Chris

When you go to look for *what* in settings ?

When asking for assistance from strangers it often proves advantageous to be precise and clear about what the problem is, what you've done, and why you think it is or isn't working.

When you go to look for *what* in settings ?

When asking for assistance from strangers it often proves advantageous to be precise and clear about what the problem is, what you've done, and why you think it is or isn't working.
Hi, the app, is not there sidepilot, I can't go to it in wifi as its not even on list. Cant see it cant use it and i'm stummped.

Boot your solo and controller.

Go to settings in your iPhone.

Go to WiFi.

Find and connect to sololinkxxxx on your iphone Wifi. (You will no longer have access to Internet).

Start the sidepilot app on your iPhone.

Click the radio button in the extreme upper right of the sidepilot screen. It will turn blue when connected.

See if that works and then we can help you update to OS4.

Reactions: OldCoder
Boot your solo and controller.

Go to settings in your iPhone.

Go to WiFi.

Find and connect to sololinkxxxx on your iphone Wifi. (You will no longer have access to Internet).

Start the sidepilot app on your iPhone.

Click the radio button in the extreme upper right of the sidepilot screen. It will turn blue when connected.

See if that works and then we can help you update to OS4.

hey thanks not many here have any idea , or at least not willing to share it. thanks will try as soon as i finish work.

Reactions: Wetstone
hey thanks not many here have any idea , or at least not willing to share it. thanks will try as soon as i finish work.
We in fact simply expect you to put in a modicum of effort searching/reading before asking the members of this forum to solve your problem for you.

We are all volunteers and enthusiasts. You'll note that for other folks who have taken the time to search, and describe in detail their issue, that help is offerred. Eventually.

It's a matter of respect for other people's time and efforts. The minimum respect you can offer is to try to search out an answer.

We in fact simply expect you to put in a modicum of effort searching/reading before asking the members of this forum to solve your problem for you.

We are all volunteers and enthusiasts. You'll note that for other folks who have taken the time to search, and describe in detail their issue, that help is offerred. Eventually.

It's a matter of respect for other people's time and efforts. The minimum respect you can offer is to try to search out an answer.
JUST DONT COMMENT THANKS

Hi , got all excited then as did all the steps and when i got to the part where you tap the radio button, it did go blue for 1 second but then i get the message No BLE device found turn on your BLE repeater, no idea what that is and pretty sure I don't have one. Another member on here complined that I was not looking for answers, I'm driving my wife nuts been about 8hrs looking for answers and asking questions. I admit technoligy does not always seem to do what it does for others for me , even when new I get a different result, but i'm trying.

Never saw that error but I suggest turning off Bluetooth. And any VPN you might have enabled.

Also, in your desperation, do not bite the hands that are trying to feed you. Have patience. We have been there and it took a long time to learn these things.

Reactions: OldCoder
Never saw that error but I suggest turning off Bluetooth. And any VPN you might have enabled.
Ok thanks will try turning off blue tooth, It was suggested I buy an old android ,what are your thoughts on that, is it worth the extra money if it may not work still?
Bought a mavic pro and am super happy with it. However not to excited about flying it out with a a bait for fishing as its a small unit. thats the reason I bought the 3dr for fishing, however if it is troulesome, so far fits that criteria. I will offload it, but want to get it working first, as someone sold it to me and I am left with the headache . . But don't want to sell unless its working, not nice.

Also, in your desperation, do not bite the hands that are trying to feed you. Have patience. We have been there and it took a long time to learn these things.
Tried that but got same message BLE. if I turn off bluetooth also said I cannot connect to side pilot. Re the be patient i am with most people but i'm here trying to find out how to resolve this and someone told me to do research and seems to have a problem wit asking members, I thought that was the idea of this thing. I am not tech minded and this is a struggle. Ask me to build a deck , no prob, we all have things we are good at. I will try however, this drone may well fly soon though ,off my balcony. Very frustrating.

Reactions: DJMc
I had an app using a VPN on my tablet that kept me from connecting for one month. I finally found the app that was guilty. Make sure you don’t have one running on your iPhone.

If you can find an old android device, try the original 3dr app.

I’m otherwise out of ideas.

I had an app using a VPN on my tablet that kept me from connecting for one month. I finally found the app that was guilty. Make sure you don’t have one running on your iPhone.

If you can find an old android device, try the original 3dr app.

I’m otherwise out of ideas.
Ok did what you suggested bought an old tablet from second hand shop a LEOVO TAB E 8, my idea is to update wit it and if all goes well can use with hotspot , just found out about it , others will know for me its new news. Then also use as a screen for my controller and also my other mavic pro, i'm making progress. But will sidepilot work as i paid and downloade on my i phone, to the android, or do I need to get solex ? I wasnot sure as i've already purchased the sidepilot if I can install on the old tablet? thanks for your help and suggestions.

At this point it is unclear if your Solo is working properly. I have sidepilot and it works on iPhone 6s and iPad 2. It seems like something is preventing the connection.

If you can’t get the old 3dr so to work on android, there is definitely something wrong with the solo’s ability to connect over WiFi.

If you cannot help, go away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela