Short video of my son driving a John Deere

Reaction score
By all means I am not great on this video editing stuff but learning as I go. The weather has been crappy since I got my Solo, but this weekend I headed out to one of our family farms to test out some new equipment we purchased during winter. Decided it might be a good opportunity to fly the drone around and get some shots. Thought I'd share it on here. (Don't mind the crazy neighbor we have next to us).

This is my son driving the tractor with his gramps. Of course, any 10 year old is going to have a blast doing this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any and all tips are welcome!

Welcome, Marioski. What a thrill for your son. I liked your video. For what you were trying to accomplish, it was a nice job. What exactly is the crop he is mulching between?

Welcome, Marioski. What a thrill for your son. I liked your video. For what you were trying to accomplish, it was a nice job. What exactly is the crop he is mulching between?

Thanks Chuck! Every time I fly and play around with video's I learn something more. Really looking forward to some nicer weather here so I can get out and fly over some nice area's and not just our fields or back yards!

The crop is highbush blueberries. That's one of our oldest fields at about 30-40 years old. It's an original field my grandparents purchased in the late 70's and has been in the family ever since, so it holds some sentimental value to us. Currently we use it to run a "u-pick" operation. Our main field is much bigger at about 60-70 acres. The pruning are old dead branches or ones that have gotten to big. Our pruners lay them in the middle of the row and we go over it with a mulcher. You have to keep them pruned to limit or get rid of diseases, higher yields, and less damage on our harvester.

Very cool. Thanks for the education. We were coming up with all kinds of guesses as to what they were. A very nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl