Set up help! Looking for tech support or consultant

Reaction score
Purchased Solo Drone new in December to be used for photographing homes for my real estate business . Have not been able to operate the drone and as you know Solo support is non existent.

Are there any members that offer tech support or consulting for a fee?

Have attempted multiple factory resets and the controller still is not communicating with drone !

Located in the North East !

Have you also done a factory reset of the controller and do you know the process for pairing the drone to the controller?

Have you also done a factory reset of the controller and do you know the process for pairing the drone to the controller?

Irishman thanks for the response ...I have attempted both factory reset of the controller , holding power and fly button simultaneously as well as powering the drone on while using a paperclip and holding the pair button for 30 seconds.

It is difficult to see the orange light under the drone or whether it is blinking or not

Screen on controller shows camera angle , angle presets and preset sweep

Symptoms:

Controller updates but does not show a preflight screen

No satellites appear on controller screen

Unable to watch or open first flight ,safety ,software update videos on either my iphone 6 or ipad

Initial power up of drone produces startup sounds 4 solid green lights which turn off then back on and then white front and red back ...

when I check SoloLink_430637 wifi message comes up No Internet Connection

when I go back to app shows the following:

Vehicle not connected
looking for Solo

Appreciate any help !

thank you

The controller will only show a preflight screen if it needs to update. If the controller updates it will not show a preflight update needed screen at all.
You probably won't be able to watch any of those video's since the app is no longer supported by 3DR and I'm not sure they have those video's available any more.

Anytime you power up the drone while holding in the pair button for 30 seconds, all you are doing is resetting the drone, in which case it will do what is essentially a 10 minute reboot sequence where the drone will power on and off a couple of times as it restores it's original image. So yeah, go ahead do that again, but this time wait for 10 minutes (seriously, time it!). Do not power off your drone during this 10 minutes.

Once the 10 minutes is over, then see if your controller displays "New solo detected". If not, flip your drone over and hold in the "pair" button for no longer than 2 seconds. This will start the pairing process.

If you're seeing the sololink_430637 message on your device, this means your phone or ipad is indeed connecting to the controller. You will of course get a message "No internet connection" as neither the controller or your drone is an internet access point.

The controller will only show a preflight screen if it needs to update. If the controller updates it will not show a preflight update needed screen at all.
You probably won't be able to watch any of those video's since the app is no longer supported by 3DR and I'm not sure they have those video's available any more.

Anytime you power up the drone while holding in the pair button for 30 seconds, all you are doing is resetting the drone, in which case it will do what is essentially a 10 minute reboot sequence where the drone will power on and off a couple of times as it restores it's original image. So yeah, go ahead do that again, but this time wait for 10 minutes (seriously, time it!). Do not power off your drone during this 10 minutes.

Once the 10 minutes is over, then see if your controller displays "New solo detected". If not, flip your drone over and hold in the "pair" button for no longer than 2 seconds. This will start the pairing process.

If you're seeing the sololink_430637 message on your device, this means your phone or ipad is indeed connecting to the controller. You will of course get a message "No internet connection" as neither the controller or your drone is an internet access point.

Are you advising hold the pair button for 10 minutes ???

Hopefully works ! Thanks again for your help!

No, do not hold in the pair button for 10 minutes. I said that if you hold in the pair button for 30 seconds, all you are doing is resetting the drone, in which case it will do what is essentially a 10 minute reboot sequence where the drone will power on and off a couple of times as it restores it's original image.
It also sounds like you've interrupted this a couple of times with your attempts to pair.

so restart the drone while holding in the pair button for 30 seconds. Once you do this the drone will want to restore it's original image, this is about a 10 minute sequence. So once you have done this, I don't want you to go near that drone for 10 minutes, do touch it, don't attempt to pair with it, don't push any buttons on the controller.

If the drone has a gimbal attached, make sure there is a camera in the gimbal.

Once the 10 minutes is over (and I want you to time it), then make sure the drone is powered on, flip it over and hold in the pair button for 2 seconds.

Reactions: Guasco
And after resetting Solo but do not press power button let it do resetting it self after Solo makes end sound track then turn off and again on . And do remote resetting as well. Then power remote. And then Solo . Remote will say looking for Solo then with paperclip press they Solo pair button untill you see on remote find new Solo press A and B to continue.

You must be skipping a step i done it too many times never fails i have two solo.. are you having problem with pairing?

Last edited:
Purchased Solo Drone new in December to be used for photographing homes for my real estate business . Have not been able to operate the drone and as you know Solo support is non existent.

Have attempted multiple factory resets and the controller still is not communicating with drone !
El
Located in the North East

Iv got the complete Solo Manuel on a PDF file , if you want I can email it to you. It covers about everything you could think of and then some. Just let me know where you would like it sent. Oh and it has my personal favorite features.... lots of pictures to read.

Located in the North East !
I have a similar problem, I have 2 Solos that will not connect with one controller, I've tried the pairing botton many times with both Solos, nothing, I've noticed the pairing light continues to flash slowing, not the 5 times a second it is supposed too. I've also reset the Solos multiple times successfully, and I've tried resetting the controller pressing the fly/on botton with no affect. Next I will try a different controller that is pairing ok with my working Solo.

I have a similar problem, I have 2 Solos that will not connect with one controller, I've tried the pairing botton many times with both Solos, nothing, I've noticed the pairing light continues to flash slowing, not the 5 times a second it is supposed too. I've also reset the Solos multiple times successfully, and I've tried resetting the controller pressing the fly/on botton with no affect. Next I will try a different controller that is pairing ok with my working Solo.
I tried the other controller, it paired with the Solos within seconds of pushing the pairing botton, so I have a bad controller, so I'll open up the controller and see if there is anything I can do.

remove the sd card and then put it back
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: artcuda

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo