Rotors auto shut off

Reaction score
FYI. I was caught off guard by a feature which I was told has been added into the Solo in a recent update.
The rotors will automatically shut off if you do not press "Fly" or use the throttle to lift off.

It happens after 5 seconds. I thought it was some sort of glitch but is in fact a safety feature.
I guess the thinking is spinning rotors at ground level are not safe...If one gets distracted and cant take off the Solo will stop its rotors. I can see this saving small animals/pets from any accidental issues.

Hitting Pause will also shut down rotors if you need to!

Reactions: mxsoarx
Yesterday as I was rehearsing an impromptu presentation was prompted to update. Quick and easy- all seemed fine. Cranked 'er up, stepped back, took a big breath-surprise! Shutdown. Spent a bit of time trying to figure the out problem to no avail. Guess I need 10 seconds to hit the fly button! Could not not find anything official saying as such but will take a leap of faith based on your post and startup sequence being 'normal'.

Had a good flight. <5 second take-off it is!
I love this forum! Thanks Soulobo, still the only place I've found reference to this.
My gerbil got caught in the props but it saved my grandson from a manicure! (I don't have any pets).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela