Returned home on low battery issues

Reaction score
I wanted to know if there was any way the returned home on low battery option that it does by itself can be overwrite here's why I want to know I'm using the follow me feature and I'm half a mile away from were I originally took off I want to have the option that when its on low battery it gives me the nores like it does but instead of flying back to were I took off and having to run like crazy back gives me the option to land it right there were I'm at. Or were the controller is at that moment. Instead of going back. It may have that option and I'm not aware of it can someone explain if it's possible to even do that. Thanks

Just hit the fly button. It will switch back to Fly mode. You are wise to consider things like this in advance.

I tried that wen its on low battery that it returns home on its own I can only modified the landing going down and left to right I can't get full control it will land were I originally took off

I tried that wen its on low battery that it returns home on its own I can only modified the landing going down and left to right I can't get full control it will land were I originally took off
Or me I wrong and just have not nores that I can do that feature

There is an option in Tower to select RTM(Return To Me) instead of returning to the home point. But I have not tried it with the Solo app running. I have tried it in Tower and it works well. My hunch would be that it might work for what you want, since Tower is actually updating the Home Point every few seconds as you move. If Solo needs to RTH, it should be using this new HP since Tower is updating it in the Solo FC. I will try it next time I'm out, if I remember..

Reactions: Tamj
from what I recall Boat mode is supposed to be coming on the next update and with it your home position will be changing relative to the location of your controller.

Reactions: Albertsoloflight
A few other options:

1) Start with a full battery. You can drive a few miles (or more) before the low battery fail-safe would kick in.
2) As mentioned above, press the FLY button on your controller to regain control from Follow-Me or from a RTL.
3) By default, you'll get a low battery warning at 25%. At 10% Solo will RTL. At 5% Solo will land where it's at. When yo get the first warning, take control (FLY) and land where you are.

Warning - changing the below parameter may void your warranty if you crash:
4) You can change the parameter: FS_BATT_ENABLE. Changing this to 0 will "disable" the low battery fail-safe (no RTL) on low battery. Setting this parameter to 1 will "land" at the current location at 10%. (instead of RTL) The default setting of 2 is to do a RTL at the 10% low battery warning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso