Responsive and cruising with Solo vs P2/P3

Reaction score
So I was talking to someone the other day that had 5 flights on his solo. His observations on how the Solo fly's compared to his DJI was interesting. Couple things that he mentioned that I thought was odd and I was wondering with others were experiencing the same.

First, he mentioned the bird is not lacking in power but seems to be software controlled on power. The P3 will snap up in altitude and forward quickly where the Solo will not. As if its governed to be more fluid.

Finally the Phantoms speed is set by pitch and they fly smooth at full stick. The final speed is set by pitch and whatever the wind is (more or less) and just buzzes along. The Solo appears to be governed by GPS or something as he mentioned it makes a racket as it goes over as it its bouncing off a rev limiter.

Anyone else seeing the same thing. Could possibly be an early firmware thing too.

Still waiting for mine so have no way to test.

So I was talking to someone the other day that had 5 flights on his solo. His observations on how the Solo fly's compared to his DJI was interesting. Couple things that he mentioned that I thought was odd and I was wondering with others were experiencing the same.

First, he mentioned the bird is not lacking in power but seems to be software controlled on power. The P3 will snap up in altitude and forward quickly where the Solo will not. As if its governed to be more fluid.

Finally the Phantoms speed is set by pitch and they fly smooth at full stick. The final speed is set by pitch and whatever the wind is (more or less) and just buzzes along. The Solo appears to be governed by GPS or something as he mentioned it makes a racket as it goes over as it its bouncing off a rev limiter.

Anyone else seeing the same thing. Could possibly be an early firmware thing too.

Still waiting for mine so have no way to test.

I actually moved the performance sliders in the app all the way down to the softest, most fluid setting, which seems best for smooth video. By default it's pretty soft, but you can crank it up to make it very twitchy and fast. If you really want to get the maximum out of it, enable advanced options and then enable Acro or Sport mode.

It will never fly like a Phantom. Just like at BMW won't drive like an Audi. But I prefer the way both my Iris+ (and now my Solo) "feel" in the air. The Solo is definetly more geared for fluid video out of the box. I think it will be very nice when we get the gimbals.

Reactions: Raybro
I actually moved the performance sliders in the app all the way down to the softest, most fluid setting, which seems best for smooth video. By default it's pretty soft, but you can crank it up to make it very twitchy and fast. If you really want to get the maximum out of it, enable advanced options and then enable Acro or Sport mode.

It will never fly like a Phantom. Just like at BMW won't drive like an Audi. But I prefer the way both my Iris+ (and now my Solo) "feel" in the air. The Solo is definetly more geared for fluid video out of the box. I think it will be very nice when we get the gimbals.
For me, that's another vote for the Solo over the P3. If I want sport flying I'll get an Arris (which I may do)

Yea I hope it can be editing in the settings. The cruising speed is an issue as it jerks the camera around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo