Recieved data from 3DR

Reaction score
1. Are there preset altitude and distance limits for GSP aided flights? If so can they be adjusted to no limit?

2. Are there preset altitude and distance limits for GPS/waypoint/mission flights? If so can they be adjusted to no limit?

3. Is there a manual fight mode?

4. Is there a limit to the number of waypoints in the mission planner?

5. Is there a return to home function for low battery power?

6. Is there a return to home function for loss of control signal?

7. What is the projected flight time on a fully charged battery during mild environmental conditions and mild flight conditions?

8. What are the controller transmission/receive frequencies and respective output power?

Lou (3drobotics)
May 6, 5:41 PM
Hello
Thank you for contacting 3DRobotics.
We will gladly answer your questions if we have the information available.
1. Yes 1.a. Yes (but it is not recommendable)
2. Yes 2.a. Yes (but it is not recommendable)
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. 20-26 minutes
8. The Controller will have its own wifi signal of 2.4 GHz
3DRobotics Customer Advocate
Mon - Fri
8am - 5pm PST(855) 982-2898

Last edited:
These have been answered already, not all of that is correct, e.g. Pixhawk has 718 waypoints max.

There's talk that using apps other than the Solo app will void the flyaway warranty but a reply is waiting on that. It could be other 3DR apps don't yet record all the telemetry, e.g. Tower.

Seems like all the reps have slightly different answers.

Half the responses I see they have said there is no RTH on signal loss. This would be crazy. LOL

The trouble is some are open to interpretation, for example there are no deliberate limits on anything with Arducopter, such as waypoints, but there will always be limits on memory or CPU powers so those result in limits, so the 718 waypoints isn't a software limit, it's simply the fact the memory on the Pixhawk can store that many.

It shouldn't cause confusion but in Arducopter RTH, is called RTL, Return To Launch, i.e. your launch point, so effectively the same thing but slightly different terminology.

The documentation for Arducopter is on a wiki, so if you really want to find out details you can search it:

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/introduction/

Seems like all the reps have slightly different answers.

Half the responses I see they have said there is no RTH on signal loss. This would be crazy. LOL

eh ? did you actually read the response to loss of signal and RTH which was a clear yes from him and from Colin Guinn in numerous interviews at NAB

Yes I saw that. I was referring to other post I have seen on various forums where users/potential buyers were asking the question and getting mixed answers from 3DR staff. Or so they say.

I would hope Colin was on top of this ;)

Point is there is a lot of misinformation floating around which is typical. Wasn't doubting the information in this post.

its OK m8 im sure it would be about as contradictory as it could be if a "smart" drone would not employ a RTH feature which is the most basic safety requirement of any aerial platform, and given the processing architecture employed on the solo this should be very good indeed.

i think a great thing with the solo is you wont have to spend as much flight time trying to frame shots due to the onboard automation of certain shot styles, so you can max out the battery flight times much better and get really good value for a single battery flight because you are not wasting valuable flight time farting around with framing shots and then trying to fly them well enough for what you had in mind. I think the footage that will be coming out from this will be amazing once people get used to the different flight modes which will only be limited by your imagination. Yup im looking forward to it too lol

I hate to say but from a filming standpoint I would probably be better off with a P3. When I fly its usually distance flying and I am out Sunday driving for the view. I am just so turned off by Wang and DJI that I really don't have interest in going there with them. Not to mention Colin seems like a genuine guy and he is a little more trust worthy in my eyes.

Now when I did want to do some nice video and film around something I found it to be a lot of work with the DJI setup. About the only way I could make it work was setup course lock (trial and error) and then rotate the aircraft as I moved about a course lock box. Not easy !

So if everything works with the 3DR as they say it should be easy. Wish they had published more info on their mission setup. If its out there I missed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc