Reauthorization Email - Sketchy?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I talked to 3DR and I authorized ( yet again ) a payment to my card.
I have also been getting emails from a "Vu Tran" needing authorization as well, and that
their systems needed to be updated since they are moving to a new system. Even after I authorized through the rep on the phone I am still getting this email.

I guess what I'm asking is
#1 have you guys gotten this email?
#2 have you used it?

He's telling me if I authorize payment through the form or even text CVN to him directly he can guarantee me to be part of the batch on monday. It feels legit but at the same time ehhhhhhhhh...

Before I do this I want to know what you guys think, and is this too good to be true?
Last thing I need right now is to be scammed.

This is email I had received.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

9bd763f8-de66-4657-85f3-14bb93c8f829.gif
Dear *****

We're doing final preparations to ship out your gimbal.

I’m writing you today because we need a piece of information again for your order to be fulfilled. Please note: This is NOT a second charge on your credit card. When we took your order, we asked for an authorization from your credit card company for the order amount. For your security, however, this authorization expires after 60 days. For us to reauthorize your card, we'll need the card verification number, a 4-digit number on the top of your American Express or 3-digit number on the back of your card for Visa, Mastercard or Discover. We will use this number to reauthorize your card for the remaining balance of your order.

Please DO NOT send us your credit card number. We do not need that. Please only send us your CVN in the following ways:
  1. Fill out this secure form here. [USE THIS METHOD]
  2. Email or phone - Email [email protected] or call our special number 24/7 toll free at clicking here.

Currently, your order is scheduled to be shipped out on our first shipment. But in order for us to do that, this process must be complete.
    I'm very sorry if you've already provided this information and are receiving this email again. We had to resolve an issue with the original form, which corrupted the last few digits of your order number, so we need this information from you again.

Vu Tran
    VP Support, 3DR
    Facebook
    Twitter

Website
    Instagram

YouTube
    unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Our mailing address is:
    3D Robotics
    1470 Exposition Way
    Suite 140
    San Diego, CA 92154
    Add us to your address book

Sounds shady but personally, I would never provide that info unless I was on the phone AND! I placed the call to 3DR. Even if 3DR "called me" I would hang up and call them back. I have had this happen to me so many times with someone claiming to be Citi (one my credit card company). They call me, then ask for my credit card number to verify my account. I'm like mutha funkster; you called me; you verify my account to me!!! There are a lot of ways people can steal your info now-a-days but the easiest way to steal is to have someone give it to you freely.

They are legit emails. And this go around they are coming from Vu Tran. Their online system has issues. As Dodge said I would call them to make sure as a scammer could have duplicated what 3DR is trying to do.

I got the same thing today, TWICE (I have 2 outstanding orders) I provided that code but of course NOT the whole CC#.

Yeah after doing some research and using some common sense ( cuz I dont have much )
I realized it's a legitimate email, still upon doing research some of 3DRs business practices in the past... was.. questionable. "take a picture of your cc and send it to me" kind of deals haha.

Also congrats on becoming a mod Rich, didn't see that title before

Reactions: rrmccabe
Hi guys,

So I talked to 3DR and I authorized ( yet again ) a payment to my card.
I have also been getting emails from a "Vu Tran" needing authorization as well, and that
their systems needed to be updated since they are moving to a new system. Even after I authorized through the rep on the phone I am still getting this email.

I guess what I'm asking is
#1 have you guys gotten this email?
#2 have you used it?

He's telling me if I authorize payment through the form or even text CVN to him directly he can guarantee me to be part of the batch on monday. It feels legit but at the same time ehhhhhhhhh...

Before I do this I want to know what you guys think, and is this too good to be true?
Last thing I need right now is to be scammed.

This is email I had received.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

9bd763f8-de66-4657-85f3-14bb93c8f829.gif
Dear *****

We're doing final preparations to ship out your gimbal.

I’m writing you today because we need a piece of information again for your order to be fulfilled. Please note: This is NOT a second charge on your credit card. When we took your order, we asked for an authorization from your credit card company for the order amount. For your security, however, this authorization expires after 60 days. For us to reauthorize your card, we'll need the card verification number, a 4-digit number on the top of your American Express or 3-digit number on the back of your card for Visa, Mastercard or Discover. We will use this number to reauthorize your card for the remaining balance of your order.

Please DO NOT send us your credit card number. We do not need that. Please only send us your CVN in the following ways:
  1. Fill out this secure form here. [USE THIS METHOD]
  2. Email or phone - Email [email protected] or call our special number 24/7 toll free at clicking here.

Currently, your order is scheduled to be shipped out on our first shipment. But in order for us to do that, this process must be complete.
    I'm very sorry if you've already provided this information and are receiving this email again. We had to resolve an issue with the original form, which corrupted the last few digits of your order number, so we need this information from you again.

Vu Tran
    VP Support, 3DR
    Facebook
    Twitter

Website
    Instagram

YouTube
    unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Our mailing address is:
    3D Robotics
    1470 Exposition Way
    Suite 140
    San Diego, CA 92154
    Add us to your address book

3DR officially said these were coming for certain folks who pre-ordered the earliest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig