Range extender

I have these antennas. There a bit large but workable. Can you post a log?

I haven't played with the logs, so at the moment no. The distance I report came from the controller display immediately before loss of signal and RTL. My buddy had Solex up and connected to my controller. It had the same reading.

I'm the eye witness, last night Tim used those antennas with me running Solex. 8450 ft. Same test with "elephant ears" - Alpha's resulted in 7200 ft. Don't believe me, do the tests yourself. I bought 2 sets of these after seeing the results. They come in a 3 pack so it will be perfect to pass the extras on to my brother and I'll have a spare set.

Reactions: overdriver999
PS Tim mistakenly referred the 5100 ft range, THAT was with his stock antennas, stock wifi. The Alpha's gave him 7200 ft. The long antennas he posted a link to yielded the 8450. I personally witnessed every flight. So much for puddles blathering.

Ok, just did another test with Tim flying and me watching with Solex on my phone. Upgraded Microtek wifi cards and the long omni directional antennas Tim posted. Here is a screen shot before he called Solo home (Battery concerns) Screenshot_20171025-011800.jpg

Reactions: XevetS
Ok, just did another test with Tim flying and me watching with Solex on my phone. Upgraded Microtek wifi cards and the long omni directional antennas Tim posted. Here is a screen shot before he called Solo home (Battery concerns) View attachment 7146
Over 2 miles is awesome. I have the MikroTik wifi cards with Alfas and the farthest I've gone is 8000 feet. I didn't go further because the battery was getting low. I think I'm going to buy those long antennas you used to test them out.

Ok, just did another test with Tim flying and me watching with Solex on my phone. Upgraded Microtek wifi cards and the long omni directional antennas Tim posted. Here is a screen shot before he called Solo home (Battery concerns) View attachment 7146

We are going to repeat the runs over the next few days. This flight had slightly rising terrain so the signal was partially blocked at max range. The next flights will be from a location where the terrain drops away. This should improve distance. Also the battery on this flight was not topped off. Launched at about 95% and landed with 20% remaining. Some manual flight up to 40mph. Started run at 350ft and the altitude dropped to 190ft while in manual - that's a little scary. Will do the next runs in standard fly mode for better altitude control. 13,000ft is about the limit I'm willing to push and come back with reasonable battery remaining.

Reactions: overdriver999
We are going to repeat the runs over the next few days. This flight had slightly rising terrain so the signal was partially blocked at max range. The next flights will be from a location where the terrain drops away. This should improve distance. Also the battery on this flight was not topped off. Launched at about 95% and landed with 20% remaining. Some manual flight up to 40mph. Started run at 350ft and the altitude dropped to 190ft while in manual - that's a little scary. Will do the next runs in standard fly mode for better altitude control. 13,000ft is about the limit I'm willing to push and come back with reasonable battery remaining.
Dude that is incredible,very nice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M