quick little edit Rottnest Island ,Perth Western Australia

Reaction score
went and spent some time on my friends boat over the Christmas holiday period , i was experiencing some connectivity issues so i did not have a great deal of footage to play with in the editing room . however once i managed to get my solos sorted out i was able to shoot a little bit of footage to splice together , this was taken at rottnest island just off the coast from Perth Western Australia . feed back is always appreciated cheers. (please excuse the quality)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Acroduster
you have a nice eye, so please take my comments as artistic preference only
that would have been so much fun but the fisheye just ruined it for me.
Music was awesome choice, in this clip I might have done a couple dip to black transitions, maybe not
not sure what you shot in, but you had some props in some shots. if you are on a black shoot 2,7K medium and crop to a 1080 p frame. that will get most of your fisheye and remove occasional props from the shoot

Over all though, this better than almost 90% of solo videos I see posted on youtube

Reactions: Stretch_123
you have a nice eye, so please take my comments as artistic preference only
that would have been so much fun but the fisheye just ruined it for me.
Music was awesome choice, in this clip I might have done a couple dip to black transitions, maybe not
not sure what you shot in, but you had some props in some shots. if you are on a black shoot 2,7K medium and crop to a 1080 p frame. that will get most of your fisheye and remove occasional props from the shoot

Over all though, this better than almost 90% of solo videos I see posted on youtube

thanks mate , I agree with your feedback .Once I get set up a bit better I will be using Final Cut Pro to edit , this was only spliced together using iMovie on my iPhone so the limitations from that are evident in my cut. I debated for a while whether to include the first shot due to the props , in hind sight I should of just cropped.. fish eye has an application in some types of filming as with photography but it usually should be left for up close shots , i am looking to get a flat lens for my new go pro to eliminate the distortion of fish eye . thanks for the feed back you were echo-ing my exact thoughts

cheers
Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig