Quick hook up solo to computer?

Reaction score
Correct me if l am wrong. I have no use for the assessories bay in my solos mainly because I keep breaking the bus when I access the mother board for whatever reason. SOOO, what if I plug in to the cube and leave the USB in the bay (secured to eliminate interference or vibration) with the USB protruding from the bay just enough to release and extend to attach to the computer. That way when I need to talk with mission planner ( or whatever) it is quick and easy.
I just know this is a dumb idea, but an idol mind is the devils workshop. SOO sock it to me!

Wireless connection with MP isn't enough?

Seems like a cable is just another way to introduce extra electrical noise and extra vibration. But it's the opinion of one man.

Correct me if l am wrong. I have no use for the assessories bay in my solos mainly because I keep breaking the bus when I access the mother board for whatever reason. SOOO, what if I plug in to the cube and leave the USB in the bay (secured to eliminate interference or vibration) with the USB protruding from the bay just enough to release and extend to attach to the computer. That way when I need to talk with mission planner ( or whatever) it is quick and easy.
I just know this is a dumb idea, but an idol mind is the devils workshop. SOO sock it to me!

Should be fine, just use as short a cable as you can find.
Alternately you can just cut a hole in the side of Solo that lines up with the USB plug in the Pixhawk. Will save you from carrying the weight of the cable around.

OK, THANKS, SOO i will do it. Sometimes wifi doesn't like to play nice. Keep the weight down with short cable, plug it in and shield the cable with moon glue for noise and vibration. If there is problem, I can cut hole that lines up with internal plug, seal it with tape to eliminate drag. Make sense to anyone? Ill use one of the back drones for testing . I will take photos and post if it works.
Yes, I have to much time on my hands. If it is a flop I'll also let you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig